Security of WMPU-DEV membership

When I went to install Panino via the WPMU Dashboard, one of the sites the dashboard offered was wordpressmonks.com/works/ASCY/. This is not one of my sites. I do not know these people.

I followed up, and wordpressmonks.com have cloned a test version of a site I developed for the organization ASCY (Affiliated Services for Children and Youth). It would appear that as part of that process, they have also gained access to my WPMU-DEV account.

Can you help me out here? This is making me very very uncomfortable.

Thank you,

Bob

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Bob,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

When I went to install Panino via the WPMU Dashboard, one of the sites the dashboard offered was wordpressmonks.com/works/ASCY/. This is not one of my sites. I do not know these people.

Our Panino theme doesn't offer any such things so this may be because of hacking/virus or due to the plugins you are using on your site or the host server offered this.

It would appear that as part of that process, they have also gained access to my WPMU-DEV account.

Can you help me out here? This is making me very very uncomfortable.

In this case you can just change your WPMU DEV profile password from the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/profile/public/#profile-menu-tabs

Also change your WordPress site admin password and reset your WPMU DEV API key from the following path on clicking on the EDIT link as shown in the attached screenshot.

Network Admin Area -> WPMU DEV -> Manage

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.