Seeking Advice Re Audio Notification Of Booking

I have a client at https://bowmanvillegolf.ca/

They would like to be notified with a noise whenever someone books a tee time – think Chat Room notification when someone enters the room.

I have approached the people who created the booking software and they say that the plugin does not support such a feature.

Do you have any ideas of how this might be accomplished?

Thanks!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Mary,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I am not exactly sure what software/plugin your client are using on their site so I can not make any suggestions.

However, there are lots of plugins out there that does trigger a voice alert when someone enters into a chat and send a message for example our Chat Plugin.

There is also another service called Intercom that does some thing like this too.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Mary :slight_smile:

Intercom is actually a web application instead of a WordPress plugin. That is very popular and fantastic service out there these days.

Another good plugin is WP Live Chat Support on WordPress.org but I never tried that so not sure it has sound notifications are not, but it worth mentioning here.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Mary,

You can check the Smart Notification Reload plugin for something similar to what you’re looking for.

You’d need custom coding in order to make it work with your booking plugin though, and any other solution I can think of (like using JavaScript to make a sound notification to the event provider on the event of booking) would require some decent amount of coding.

Either way, You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

All the best,

Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.