Select a Specific New Blog Template Using Gravity Forms

I’ve created a form to sign up to my Multisite using Gravity Forms (+User Registration add on) and I would like it to automatically pick a specific one of my New Blog Templates (made using the New Blog Templates plugin).

I know you can show all of the templates using the standard method included, but I would like to be able to pick for my customers, 1 per form.

There is mention of a method of achieving this in this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/integrating-new-blog-templates-with-gravity-forms#post-690371

But it does not seem to work any more.

Alternatively a method of only showing a particular category of NBTs would work great for me.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Joe,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If I understood correctly then you want to assign one specific template to each new subsite. If yes then you can do it by creating a template and making it a default template.

This will be used for each subsite by default if no other template is chosen on the time of setup.

Please advice, if this is not what you are looking for and also enable support staff access so I could take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Joe
    • General Design Monkey

Hi Sajid

I’d like to be able to push a specific template for the particular form filled out. Usage case is this – I’ll set up a signup page for a ‘type 1’ website, which when completed uses template 1. ‘Type 2’ form uses type 2 template.

In this way I can tailor my advertising towards a specific website template.

Support access is granted – but take a look at that post I mentioned, it sounds like the exact thing I want to do.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Joe,

Thanks for further clarification. I can see that the patch were given from developer a long ago. Since then the Gravity Form plugin and New Blog Templates have changed a lot.

I am still flagging the developer of this plugin to get his feedback on this matter and see if he could provide an updated code. Please bear in mind that the developer response might be slower than normal support staff here since they have other responsibilities and priorities.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Dan Berdal and Joe,

I have come back with a good news for you both. The developer got time and fixed the code to work with latest version of gravity form and new blog templates plugin.

Please find the attachment and use this one instead of the one posted in previous thread.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello diegpl :slight_smile:

This was re-written to work with latest version of Gravity Form plugin. So as much as I know, it was not working with latest version of Gravity Form and working with New Blog Templates plugin. So our developer come up and made it to work with latest version of Upfront and Gravity Forms.

But before trying it with an older version of New Blog Templates. Make sure you take backup of your website first.

To use this plugin, follow the steps below.

1. Take backup of your website first (recommended).

2. Download the file attached with above reply on your computer.

3. If your browser does not extract zip files automatically, extract/unzip on your computer.

4. Now upload to following location via FTP or FileManger of cPanel.

../wp-content/mu-plugins

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello diegpl,

Because it is not a regular plugin. Instead its a code snippet that can be used from where on your website.

Also, unlike regular WordPress, you don’t need to activate it and it should be active by default network wide.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello diegpl,

I am sorry but I don’t have Gravity Forms plugin right now. If you can provide me these versions then I can test it out on my own development site.

Since you can not upload here by attaching the site then you have to send me the downloadable zip files links.

Either post here or send privately via our secure contact form. Make sure you mark it to my attention by adding Attn: Sajid Javed in the subject field.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Dan Berdal,

I got your message containing the download link of Gravity Forms plugin. But it does not include User Registration add-on that is required for signup.

Could you please send this add-on too as a downloadable link ? Send in using the contact form as you have sent before.

Sajid

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

Ive sent you the email, but with my credentials can get everything on my server, or even do the test on it, if it works, you can already let it there. Don`t worry if that messes up esites.pro main site, it is the only one which brings the templates and it is not indexed yet. Thank you! :wink:

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello diegpl and Dan Berdal,

I got the latest version of Gravity Forms plugin and User Registration add-on of gravity form. I tested it on my own site but that does not seems to be working for me.

It does display the select template settings field in User Registration Feed but on submission, it does not assigning that template to new created site.

I am flagging the developer again for his feed back. Will post a reply here as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Dan Berdal
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for continuing to work on this. I want to reiterate – this is a bug introduced in the newest “new blog templates” release. At first I thought that it wasn’t showing the template selector on my gravity form, however I found that it was actually putting it on the wrong form (as you’ve seen on my site).

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

Thank you for your answer. But did you test it for my Gravity Forms and Registration Users versions?

GF: Verssion 1.9.13.12

Gravity Forms User Registration Add-On: Version 2.4

Those are the ones on my servers.

Do you know tell me if it works for them? Thank you! :wink:

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Sabri Bouchaala Hello diegpl,

No, I did not tested on your site. I tested with the plugins provided by @info47573.

Gravity Froms : 2.1.2.12

Gravity Forms User Registration Add-On : 3.7.

Did you tested it on your site recently ? Did that worked for you or you waiting for me to test diegpl :wink: ?

I want to reiterate – this is a bug introduced in the newest “new blog templates” release. At first I thought that it wasn’t showing the template selector on my gravity form, however I found that it was actually putting it on the wrong form (as you’ve seen on my site).

Let me please make it clear that, it can not be considered as bug. Since the issue is with a third party forms and we do not officially support integration with Gravity Forms plugin.

This is the patch our developer created just to help members on his spare time.

However, I have again brought this to his attention. As soon as I hear back from the developer, I will post a reply here.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Dan Berdal

Hi Sajid, yes, sorry, I agree this would not be a bug – I got my threads crossed. There is a bug in new blog templates that is causing the form selector not to show up at all: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-blog-templates-selector-shows-on-wrong-gravity-form.

Also, this might be helpful in this thread. I’ve been experimenting selecting the template via query string and it seems to be working well: ?blog_template=2 and ?blog_template=1 etc

• Dan Berdal

Hey jetmac, I’ve actually switched to a custom built solution, but I imagine this will still work.

Just an FYI, the newer version of newblog templates has a bug if the Registration Feed ID, isn’t the same as the gravity form ID.

I don’t remember if I tested version 2.8.6, but if your blog selector is showing on the wrong form check out that thread.

To pre-select the blog templates, I used a combination of two forms.

Form one the user chose location information and then use the gravity forms confirmations and conditional logic to redirect with query string ?blog_template=2 and ?blog_template=1 etc

Form two finished my site setup process, and I hid the new blog templates thumbnails with CSS.

I mainly did this for aesthetic reasons

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.