"Select a template" Button during the registration is not showing at the right place.

Hi Dear,
I have wp 3.6.1 multisite and buddypress 1.8.1 the last versions.
I have just installed New Blog templates but I have a problem.
As you know with Buddypress registration page there is the option to click on "Blog details" in order to create a new site.
Now I would like to have the "select template" only after that a user as clicked at the blog details...
Now the select button appears before...

I hope it is clear.

I would like to add a picture but it seems that it is not possible to do it here.

Thanks for a quick reply.

pat

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @patrizio_casciaro

You are quite right. It would make much more sense if the form to select a template was injected into the Blog Details section of the BuddyPress registration form.

I'll alert the plugin developer to this issue in the hopes that he can include that in a future update.

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Patrick,
    Sorry I can't wait the future update.
    There is no a quick solution?

As it is now I can't use it. It will make my user not understanding the registration process because not all users will need a site.

thanks.
    Pat

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi Pat.

Unfortunately this need to be coded and tested. A quick update on this case is not so easy. Currenlty, we are trying to solve some other issues with NBT. As soon as we finish with them I'll add this feature and release another version.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

I am very disappointed about this.
    You advertised it to work find with wordpress and buddypress which is not the case.
    I will ask the refund because I can't use it as it is now.

Please refund the price as soon as possible. thanks.

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

I am not a profi but I don't understand why you can't help me to move the "Select a Template" button down near the submit button.

I have noticed that the "Select a Template" button is called by the
    do_action( 'bp_after_blog_details_fields' );

Now I would like to call that button by the following function:
    do_action( 'bp_before_registration_submit_buttons' );

Would you be so kind helping me doing this?

Thanks.
    Pat

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Guys,
    I am spending too much time trying to solve this problem.

I am very surprise as well because I discovered that this issues was known already two years ago as described in this support request
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/template-choice-at-registration

So as this issue was very well known and since two years as not been solved, I would really appreciated a refund or you help me to find a solution. I am ready to test this on my site.

thanks.
    Pat

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @Pat.

Ok, I misread your question and I tried to test it and was easier than I thought. However this solution could not work with another theme that is not the BP default one. BP would need an additional hook to make it work and there's already a ticket and I guess it will be added soon in BP: http://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5081

As I'm still solving issues for NBT I cannot release a new version for this so you'll need to insert the code in the plugin. Next release will have this fixing.

So, here we go:

You need to open this file: blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/blog_templates.php and insert the next code:

add_action( 'bp_before_blog_details_fields', 'nbt_bp_add_register_scripts' );

After the following lines inside the __construct function:

// Signup: BuddyPress
                add_action('bp_after_blog_details_fields', array($this, 'registration_template_selection'));
                add_filter('bp_signup_usermeta', array($this, 'registration_template_selection_add_meta'));

Now you need to create a new function. You can put it in the following file: blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/integration.php

function nbt_bp_add_register_scripts() {
        ?>
        <script>
            jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
                var bt_selector = $('#blog_template-selection').remove();
                bt_selector.appendTo( $('#blog-details') );
            });
        </script>
        <?php
    }

Please, let us know if everything went fine.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Ignacio,

not working.

Now I get this error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /web/htdocs/www.pixshopping.com/home/wp-content/plugins/blogtemplates/blogtemplatesfiles/integration.php on line 2

and what is worst is that now the registration process is not working at all because of this error. I have deleted all the code that you gave me but I still get that error.

So please help me asap.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.