Select base style is not working properly I can not change link colors

The on going problem I have be having is with the link colors they do not change only on one store does it work when I Select base style nothing happens..
This one is not working http://www.eperdazzle.com/ it works on this one only http://www.eperdazzle.com/minawreathsandthangs/
I need help I am tired now, it is hard to find good themes which work with Marketpress do you have any suggestions?

Other questions:
2. When I use the short code the last picture of the 4 in a row show out of alignment http://www.eperdazzle.com/
3. How can I make the frame around the product image a little darker color gray I can barely see the gray around the image?

• Lenora Lee

You asked me to grant access on the other post I left on the same day about problems I was also having with Marketpress, I left two replies under the other post and I have not heard anything back.

According to support today when I contacted them they claim you have not heard anything back from me, if you look at the other post where you asked for me to grant access you will find I did respond twice.

In any case I granted access and have been waiting since the 19th for help would you please help me so I can go back to working on this site again!
    Thanks,
    Lenora

• Lou

Hello Lenora

as recommended before, you can use custom css for your issues. If you are not familiar with editing the style.css with a child theme you can use the jetpack plugin custom css console

Is the link color being changed with a short code?

For your other questions -

2. When I use the short code the last picture of the 4 in a row show out of alignment

This is because of the length of your titles / descriptions, you can add a fixed height to the css to make them all align the same
    add this to your css -

.mp_grid .mp_one_tile {
     height: 400px;
    }

you can adjust the height to whatever size you need

3. How can I make the frame around the product image a little darker color gray I can barely see the gray around the image?

We can just change the color to #999 or you can choose a darker shade of grey
    you will need to add this css -

.mp_grid .mp_one_tile {
      border: 1px solid #999;
     }

better yet, you can combine the two into this -

.mp_grid .mp_one_tile {
    }
  • Lenora Lee

Thank you for your help!

YOU ASK Is the link color being changed with a short code?
    I do not know what you mean is there a short code to change the link colors?

As far as using custom css for the link colors I tried that before but I just could not get just what I was looking for.

Look at this http://www.eperdazzle.com/minawreathsandthangs/
    every link in blue is what I would like to appear on my front page just like that.

I tried changing the title to line up with the other titles and that did not help and when I changed the .css it did not help either.

The other problem I am having is I can't turn off the excerpts on the other sites on the network..

Please help I need to move forward and this is an on going problem with the links.. the other 2 problems is new..
    Lenora

• Lou

No problem. That css worked for me last night, but try adding this to the css also
    margin-top: 0 !important;

As for the link color, I just changed the color in this line to #068 as you can see below

a, a:link, a:visited, #header, #mp-storepicker, .nav ul a:hover {
      color: #068;
    }

you can always use firebug to find the css styles that need to be edited. I threw in a screenshot of what your site looks like after editing your css with firebug

• Lou

Ok, sorry that did not work out. When I checked your css last night I was able to see that you added the height of 400px. When I looked at your sight today everything was perfectly aligned on a big screen, when I checked on a small screen alignment is still off.
    I think I should have been more specific about the margin, it should have been added to the css rule declaration that you edited before. like you see here

.mp_grid .mp_one_tile {
     margin-top: 0 !important;
    }

Also try adding !important to the link color, or using the full hex code #006688

hope this helps

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Lenora Lee and Lou!

@Lou - AMAZING help here, thank you so much. We've been swamped this week, so our backfeeds are full, thanks so much for all the great help you gave Lenora Lee! Throwing you some rep points.

@Lenora Lee - does that last bit of CSS from Lou fix the link color for you? If not, I'm happy to take a look at your custom CSS file and make sure everything is in order.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

• Lenora Lee

I made the changes as follows

a, a:link, a:visited, #header, #mp-storepicker, .nav ul a:hover {
    color: #006688 !important;

It is still not working

The title color changes on the home page when I using a short code but if select a category or view the store products the titles do not change.
    .entry-title a {
    color: #333 !important;
    }

I not going to worry about that for now another problem has come up after I upgraded Marketpress the checkout page does not appear.

It works fine on the other stores but not on the main store, once I enter the personal information and move to the next screen the checkout page does not appear.
    Can you help me with this??

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lenora,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

Are you just wanting to change the product title color on the taxonomy archives?

You should be able to do that with this CSS:

.mp_product_name > a {
        color: #dd9933;
    }

You may need to add "!important"; however, I don't think you will.

As for the checkout issue. Have you re-saved permalinks and also went into Products > Store Settings > Presentation. and re-saved settings?

Try that :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back on this Lenora!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.