Selected Donation/Reward Level amounts not transferring to Paypal

Hello,

I am setting up a fundraising project using simple donations with several donation/reward levels.

While testing the project (via the .wdf_fundraiser_panel), I noticed that if you make a selection from the various .wdf_reward radio buttons, that the amount selected does not get transferred to Paypal when the .wdf_send_donation button is pressed. The only amounts that get transferred are the ones entered in the .wdf_pledge_amount input box.

Is this as designed or am I doing something wrong/missing something?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-René

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @rchidalgo

Welcome to the forums!

The reward level amount from any radio button selected should auto-populate the pledge amount input field as seen in the screenshot below.

Selecting $10 populates the field with 10, while selecting $50 populates it with 50. So the corresponding amount should be transferred to PayPal regardless.

Is this not the behavior you are seeing?

• rchidalgo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply.

No, this is not the behaviour I am experiencing; there is not auto-population occurring whatsoever.

Could it be because I am in "Simple Donations" mode?

Also, is the code for this found in wdf-base.js?

Thanks.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @rchidalgo

I just took a look at your site and I believe there is likely a script conflict with the modal window you're using to display the donation form.

If you can, try linking the "Give" button to a page with the form instead of the modal. We'll see if the field gets auto-populated that way. If so, then we can troubleshoot what might be interfering.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @rchidalgo

Got the link you sent via email.

While puzzling over your page and testing things out on my test site, my brain kicked in :slight_smile:

It suddenly occurred to me that you're using shortcodes to display the fundraiser in your modal. Also, Firebug tells me that the page you linked to is actually the modal too.

Although no conflicts are reported via Firebug, something is preventing the shortcodes from executing in your modal. Using shortcodes in a page on my test site works just dandy.

So, please test the shortcodes for your fundraiser on a page, not in a modal. If they work correctly on a page on your site, then we're that much closer to resolving this issue.

Also, how are you calling the shortcodes in the modal? By inserting them directly in the modal? Or are they added to a template and called with do_shortcode?

Please advise.

• rchidalgo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again, Patrick,

Thanks again for looking into this and for your insight.
    Indeed, the functionality behaves as expected in the Fundraising page itself and inserting the shortcode in a non-modal page. For the modal, I was calling the shortcode to a template with do_shortcode.

So it does look like there's something in the modal mucking this up. It's getting a little messy as I have installed several modal plugins and neglected to remove the ones I no longer used after exploring what worked best. Because of this, I'm encountering bizarre behaviours because while I thought I was only using one (simplemodal), it turns out another modal plugin is being loaded (modal-dialog). And now, when I try to disable/remove the Modal-Dialog plugin, the SImplemodal plugin that I'm calling no longer works. I also suspect that one of these pluging is causing rendering issues with my fixed menu bar, but that's another thread for another forum. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your great help. Any further support/tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

• rchidalgo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

As a follow-up, I tested the modal by loading the actual project page and the functionality of "clicking rewards and the values being passed into the 'pledge_amount' input box" works!

So now, I'm a little more confused as I thought that it was exclusively the modal causing the problem. Or maybe this will help us solve this mystery? :slight_smile: The only problem about loading the actual project page through the modal is that it loads the headers and footers and other elements that I don't need. If I could load the page without loading a full page with headers and footers, that would be great. I would imagine I could use CSS to hide these elements, but I'm not sure if this is the way to go or if there is a more elegant solution.

I also noticed from your posts that we live in the same town! Perhaps it may be more efficient if we could review the code together? Not sure if that's permitted for you guys... Otherwise, continuing to work like this is just fine. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@rchidalgo

Just took a look at your modal again, and it looks like you're making good progress with CSS.

It looks like there's still an issue with the rewards items being displayed in a single column... it does in Firefox at least. See 1st screenshot.

To fix that, prefix .wdf_reward_item like you did for the header, and change the clear to none like so:

div.wdf_reward_item {
    clear:none;
    }

This should snap things into shape as in the 2nd screenshot.

• rchidalgo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks so much, Patrick!

And that pretty much settles it. :slight_smile:
    As far as optimization goes, my biggest concern right now is while the headers and footers are hidden, the modal still reloads stylesheets and scripts and it seems to result in a pretty slow load when it's opened for the first time. Any ideas on how to optimize the load? Otherwise, it works great.

Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.