Selected Service Not Showing up in Pending Appointments + Email Notifications Not Working

Hi, our booking form has a service selection drop down menu. But when I select Vehicle Diagnostics, 4 Wheel Alignment or any other server is always shows up in the admin pending appointments area as Oil, Lube, Filter. A fix for this would be great.

Another mysterious issue is that we are not getting notified of appointment bookings to the email bookings@extratech.ca. I've tried another email address in the Settings --> General to chris@projech.ca and it works.

The strange part is that we are receiving notifications from the Contact 7 forms on the website to bookings@extratech.ca. So the problem is specific to the appointments plugin.

Any insight on this would be great.

Thank you.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Chris!

First, let's rule out common conflicts, such as theme or plugin conflicts. We've got a great guide on that, here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/get-awesome-wordpress-support/

With your email issue, I'm sure you've checked your spam folder. You mention Contact 7 emails working fine, but are you also getting emails to that address when a new member registers for the site?

If the conflict testing doesn't work, could you send me a link to your appointment settings page?

We may end up needing to take a closer look at your site, but let's check the basics first.

Thanks!

• Chris
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for your reply. I managed to solve both the Service Problem and the email problem.

The problem with the service is that, when booking an appointment, it is not intuitive that you have to select a service and then push the [Show Available Time Slots] Everyone skips over that. Thats why all the appointments show up as the same service. It would be best if the page updated once you select your service. Is this possible?

On another note. I've searched the web thoroughly and can't find an answer to this question:

What browsers are not compatible with Appointments +?

Thank you.

Chris

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Chris,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your questions!

It would be best if the page updated once you select your service. Is this possible?

You bet! We have a parameter specifically for that :slight_smile:

For your service shortcode add in autorefresh="1"

So it will look like this:

[app_services autorefresh="1"]

That will take away the show button and just autorefresh on selection.

can you please tell me what browsers are not compatible with Appointments +?

All modern browsers should work fine with Appointments+ :slight_smile: I haven't heard of any not working. I suppose some really old versions might not. If you run into any browser related issues just let us know and we can get them resolved for you.

Hope this helps Chris!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.