Selecting additional tables

Creating a new template and trying to figure out if I need any of these additional tables. I believe they are all from WPMUDEV. Can you please confirm if any are needed.

wp_5_domain_mapping
wp_5_domain_mapping_reseller_log
wp_5_forums
wp_5_forums_posts
wp_5_forums_topics
wp_5_nbt_categories_relationships_table
wp_5_nbt_templates
wp_5_nbt_templates_categories
wp_5_pro_sites
wp_5_pro_sites_daily_stats
wp_5_pro_sites_signup_stats
wp_5_pro_sites_transactions
wp_5_supporter_ads
wp_5_ust
wp_5_wc_comments_subscription
wp_5_wc_phrases
wp_5_wc_users_voted

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Robert,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This actually is a bit strange that these tables (like those for New Blog Templates "_nbt_" or Pro sites "_prosites_") are even showing there for you. Is the site that you are trying to set as the template a main site of your network or was it a main site in the past and was switched with other later?

Let me know please so I would be able to get a better picture of the issue. It would also be great if you could let me take a closer look at your setup (just review it) by granting a support access as explained here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Robert

Yes exactly. It was somehow connected to the Primary Site. If I remember right I think what happen is that I cloned the Primary Site and named it Template Blog. Now I'm trying to create a new blog template from this cloned Template Blog site.

The site is being developed locally so don't think Dev Support Access will work :disappointed:

I did a test and created a new site and tried creating a new template from it. The tables are not there.

Think I can just go the Template Blog site and delete those tables and try again? The only thing I would want to confirm is that all those tables listed in my original post are part of WPMU and not another plugin.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Robert!

The basic idea is that the site that's used as Template should not be used for any other purpose (it shouldn't be a "live" site), therefore a main site shouldn't be set as template.

If you have cloned the main site first, that would explain why these tables are there. I would give it a go without "_ntb_" and "_pro_sites_" tables and see if that works. However, I think it would be better to setup a sub-site to be used as "template" from scratch.

As for other of the tables listed:

_domain_mapping_ are for Domain Mapping plugin but so if you plan to use it, you would want to copy them

_wc_ are from WooCommerce so the same applies

_supporter_ads and _ust - I'm not aware what these tables are for other than they come from one of the plugins that you are using on the site (not WPMU DEV plugins)

_forums_ - these may be from either our "Forums" plugin or other 3rd-party forum plugin so if you are planning to use forums feature on sub-sites, I would copy them too.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.