Selecting subscription shows 2 buttons in Membership - bug?

I have 3 subscriptions in my site that are in order.
A)User (Free - When Register)
B)Artist(Free ugrade)
3)Premium (Paid)

A user with a free subscription when goes to the subscriptions page to upgrade to the Artist (free), the popup shows 2 buttons instead of one. (image attached)

I have 2 payment gateways set(free and paypal)

• aristath
    • Recruit

ok, I see the issue.
    Most probably you have 2 gateways enabled: FREE and PayPal.
    You can only use one.
    Simply disable the FREE gateway, leave just PayPal enabled and set the price to 0. This is practically the same as using the free gateway.

Let me know if that works for you...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• diegoys
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Aristath.
    Thanks. That worked perfectly. =)

Some other plugins normally does not let you use paypal and price = Zero.

This is resolved then.
    I'm having another problem in the membership.
    Maybe a bug in the account form page.

When i update the user profile, the admin bar disables. Then i have to go to the admin backend and turn on again manually.
    The problem is that the user will not be able to go to his backend profile, since the bar disapeared :wink:

Regards,

• diegoys

By the way. how can i make the user subscribe from USER (Clapper) to Artista without ADDING another subscription to him.
    In this case i'd like him to MOVE, not ADD subscription.

I have another premium subscription that i'd like to create later that in this case will be ADD not move.

regards,

• aristath
    • Recruit

When i update the user profile, the admin bar disables. Then i have to go to the admin backend and turn on again manually.

Add this in your theme's functions.php:
    <?php show_admin_bar( true ); ?>

By the way. how can i make the user subscribe from USER (Clapper) to Artista without ADDING another subscription to him.
    In this case i'd like him to MOVE, not ADD subscription.

When users pay to be "upgraded", they are by default MOVED to another subscription.
    You can edit your subscriptions and add the access levels you wish them to have there!

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• diegoys

Thanks Aristath.
    The admin bar and subscription are fine. I'll test them to see if i have anything to add to this topic.

I'll have another question in this subscription case.

So what if i want a user to ADD a subscription?
    That would be a specific page that i want him to have access for 30 days. In this case i want him to add the subscription without changing his previous situation.

• diegoys

Hi Aristath,

I'll explain in details what i want to acomplish. Maybe i'm missing something in the setup of the membership, but probably not.

Anyway. I have these 2 types of users, both free:
    - Clapper - regular user
    - Artist - content producer

every user once they signup in the site, is a Clapper and i want to allow then to change to artist if they want to produce content in the site.

That works just like an upgrade (for free) that will let them access a few more pages related to the content creation and a few extra features.

That's the first thing.

The other is... I want to create another subscription that has only one page access. It's like a payperview show that the visitor pays to watch a content. After that he has access for 30 days to watch this video and then his subscription is removed. (the page will also be removed manually later).

I'm was first thinking in MOVE from CLAPPER to ARTIST, but now i think i can do the same thing using the ADD subscription and the shortcode [level-not-artist] And change the pages the ARTIST subscription has access to just a few pages.

The point is.
    How to show a form to the user if I want him to ADD a subscription?
    How to show a form to the user if I want him to MOVE from a subscription to another?

How to show only the subscription plan i want in a defined page/post? is there a shortcode?

sorry for the long post. =)

• aristath
    • Recruit

@diegoys if both clappers and artists are in essense identical with the exception that artists can publish some content, then why complicate things?
    You could simply unite these 2 levels, making it a lot easier for users and giving them the illusion of more freedom...
    This will make everything easier!

What do you think about this?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• diegoys

Hi @aristath,

There will be a lot of other things that will be customized for each level, and for the concept i also need to separate these two types of users. We have other cases tha i'll need this solved anyway.

In the subscriptions page there is the MOVE form but no button for the user to change its subscription.

Check the print attached.

I also need to know how to do these 3 things.

1)How to show a form to the user if I want him to ADD a subscription?
    2)How to show a form to the user if I want him to MOVE / UPGRADE from a subscription to another?
    3)How to show only the form for the subscription plan i want in a defined page/post? is there a shortcode?

regards.

• aristath
    • Recruit

You can try using these shortcodes:

[subscriptiontitle subscription="2"]
    [subscriptiondetails subscription="2"]
    [subscriptionprice subscription="2"]
    [subscriptionbutton subscription="2"]

You can add them in any page or post you want...

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• ericwied1
    • Flash Drive

Diegoys,

I think i understand what you are referring to in what question you would like answered let me see if I can rephrase it to provide clarity.

When "moving" from clapper to artista you want the users "membership" as a clapper to end and have them upgraded to artista is that right?

From my understanding if someone "upgrades" their account from clapper to artista using the subscription button short code above, they are automatically "move" to the artista settings.

Does this not solve the aspect of "moving" subscriptions for you?

• diegoys

Hi @ericwied1, how are you?

I decided to use a workaround to manage this issue for now, but I don't think that this is the correct thing to do.

The plugin is programed to ADD subscriptions to the user when they upgrade and not SWITCH. So now in the ARTIST subscription i'll just add more functionality to what the basic user has.

The problem here is that the basic user CAN'T access certain page. and in the next subscriptio He CAN. So if he has both subscription what would the system do? allow the user or not?

Today in the plugin, If the user upgrades his account, he will have 2 subscriptions, and not only the upgraded one.

I think i should be able to keep only one in this case.

As i said, keeping this in mind, i'll change the positive and negative rules so i can accomplish what i want, but would be very good to have the ability to chose whether I want the user to ADD or MOVE/SWITCH Subscriptions.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.