self made Upfront Theme with CoursePress Pro

Hi
I try that make an upfront based theme for Course Press Pro.
I have taken the CoursePress Pro plugin theme folder, and made an theme.

It does not work. Is there a place where I can download a complete Course Press pro theme with upfront, are can it be fix what I have?

• Rupok

Hi morfjord,

I have taken the CoursePress Pro plugin theme folder, and made an theme.

I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure what you did. Did you copy the "default" folder from inside the CoursePress plugin folder and pasted that inside your "/wp-content/themes/" folder? In that case, you will be able to see the default "CoursePress" theme in "Dashboard > Appearance > Themes" section. But please note, that theme is not an Upfront Child Theme, so that theme will work absolutely fine with default WordPress instance, but you can't not get Upfront Editor for that theme.

You've also said you tried to create a Upfront Based theme for CoursePress Pro. That's really great.

Now finally when you said "it doesn't work", I'm not sure which one is not working - "The default CoursePress theme your copied" or "The theme you created for Upfront".

If the default CoursePress theme is not working, that's very weird. I just checked this and it's working absolutely fine in my test site. I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

And if you mean your Upfront theme is not working, then can you please send us details about exactly what's not working? Here I must inform you that we've got reports that Upfront doesn't work very well with complex virtual page setups like it is in CoursePress. Our developers are already aware of this and they are working on making these two fully compatible. But you can surely try CoursePress shortcodes in your Upfront Theme using "text" element and that should render proper content.

Is there a place where I can download a complete Course Press pro theme with upfront, are can it be fix what I have?

I'm afraid, we don't have any Upfront Child theme ready for CoursePress, but as our developers are already working on CP compatibility with Upfront, they may release a CP theme for Upfront when they are done. I can't give you ETA on this but I'm really hopeful.

Now, to say if what you have can be fixed or not, I need to see it live. Can you please grant us Support Access as I requested above and tell us exactly what is not working? We will surely be glad to have a look and will try to fix that if possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi morfjord,

Now I totally get it. In Upfront Themes, you get the facility to drag-n-drop elements without coding a single line, you can move position of elements, you can change design just by a click; and lots of other amazing features like this. To make these things available, we had to change the total architecture of our Upfront Child themes and that's why, they don't work like all other Wordpress themes. So just pasting files from the "/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress" folder to your Upfront theme folder won't work. Because Upfront Child themes don't use regular template structure.

But if you want to create your own theme for CoursePress Pro, you should use our Upfront Builder plugin. This plugin was created just for one main purpose - Create themes for Upfront. With this theme builder plugin, you can create layouts for different templates used in WordPress like archive pages, search template, single post/page template, custom post/page archive/single template etc. To get full usage of Upfront Builder, you can check this usage guide: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/upfront-builder/#product-usage

With Upfront Builder, you can try to create desired template for CoursePress using different shortcodes available in CoursePress Pro. As I said above, we've got reports that Upfront doesn't work very well with complex virtual page setups like it is in CoursePress. Our developers are already aware of this and they are working on making these two fully compatible. So I'm not sure how far these two will work fine, but you can surely try.

Please let us know how it goes. If you have any confusion, please let us know. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi morfjord,

I'm answering one by one.

1) The CoursePress theme has built in functionality for the plugin.
    So that need to work in the upfront.

Yes, you are right. CoursePress theme has some built in functionality to work fluently with CoursePress. I said before, our developers are working on making Upfront fully compatible with CoursePress and as soon as they are done with this, I believe they will release an Upfront Child theme which will be fully compatible with CoursePress and that theme will have built in functionality for the plugin. So I'll request you to wait for a while until our developers are done working with this.

2) The problem with the upfront templates is that no one support full with. You cant setup an pages where post content are in full with. If not please show me some defulet that are working.

It's true that by default, Upfront regions are not full width, but you can easily make region containers full width with the following custom CSS Code:

.upfront-grid-layout {
      width: 100% !important;
    }

Use this custom CSS Code in "Edit Region CSS" section for that region where you want to show full width content. I've created a screencast showing how this is possible: http://take.ms/OsmGU

I believe this will resolve your issue. Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.