sell single plugins apart from pro site levels

hi,

do you know if there is a way of selling some plugins single apart from the pro site defined levels ? (as wordpress.com does)

thanks in advance

• Boyington
    • The Crimson Coder

thank you for the advice. I just installed the Multisite Plugin Manager but I get now a warning message on my main site admin dashboard :slight_frown:

"WARNING: Multisite Plugin Manager and the Premium Plugins module are incompatible. Please remove Multisite Plugin Manager."

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@all

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads, and I noticed that this one is still open.

A workaround just came to me. :slight_smile:

You could use MarketPress on your main site to create products advertising single plugins. It would in reality simply be used to collect payment and alert you to a purchase.

Then you could manually activate whichever plugin the user has "purchased" on their site.

As this is not really a support issue, I'm going to mark the ticket resolved just to get it out of our active system.

But if you do still need help here, please don't hesitate to re-open the thread by checking the "Mark as not resolved" box below.

Thanks!

• aaronjamesweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Patrick: I just came across this thread and saw you idea of using marketplace to sell the individual plugins then activate them on a customers site.

"You could use MarketPress on your main site to create products advertising single plugins. It would in reality simply be used to collect payment and alert you to a purchase."

So in another sense, what you are saying is that it is permissible to sell the individual plugins to our customers?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Ahh that's kinda tricky.

For example, you offer a popup plugin for your subsites, so subsite admin needs to buy it.

Then you can create a digital product in marketpress, no file attached to it. Subsite admin will buy the product and then you need to manually activate the plugin for his site.

Note that, there won't be any plugin that the user can download, it just purchasing the licensing and you will activate the plugin in his site.

Cheers
    Ash

• aaronjamesweb
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, I understand. So my customers of my sites can purchase a 'license' from me and i can activate it on their site? So install marketplace and just set the settings to alert me to purchase then i can go into their site and activate it? I dont use marketpress, does it have that functionality, where it will alert me if someone buys a 'license'?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @aaronjamesweb,

So my customers of my sites can purchase a 'license' from me and i can activate it on their site?

Yes, that's correct. :slight_smile:

So install marketplace and just set the settings to alert me to purchase then i can go into their site and activate it?

If by "marketplace" you mean "MarketPress", the "alert" you'd be getting would be the notification that someone has bought a product on your store, you'd have to be checking the email address noted in Products -> Store Settings -> Messages -> Store Admin Email.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.