Selling Course to the public with Coursepress

When I visit the course signup page in coursepress (example: http://course.changeyourlifewiththelaws.com/course/change-your-life-with-the-laws), I'm met with two different options:
1. If I'm already logged into the site, the enroll button says "enroll now".
2. If I'm NOT logged into the site, the same page says "signup!".

It appears necessary for a customer to be both pre-registered and also currently logged into the site in order to enroll for the course.

Our goal is to have someone new visit the site and make a purchase. After they complete purchase, I want them to have completed registration and have a login to access the course material they've purchased.

What is the best way to accomplish this? Any insight is much appreciated.

• Christian

If I'm charging for a course, do I need to have customer process transaction FIRST, then after they've submitted payment, perhaps we can use gravity forms or something to pass registration details back to the site. Then the customer can enroll for free from there to access the course. Would that work?

Ideally, I'd really rather a customer be able to simply make payment, have the checkout process collect registration details, and at the end of the transaction, the customer lands back on the dashboard with full access to the course they paid for. What's the best way to proceed?

I'm just not seeing a way to have customers get access to the course without a multi-stage process that will be pretty confusing for novice users. Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you.

• Christian

Just to confirm, it does seem possible for us to have a custom registration form with Gravity Forms that will collect both registration data and payment details. From there, a user account should be automatically created (haven't tested this yet, but it appears workable). But from there, the student is STILL not enrolled for the course they purchased.

If the Gravity Forms option gets us this far, is it possible to have user details automatically pass to the Coursepress plugin so that they're automatically enrolled? To be clear, the only people registering and enrolling for this site are people who will be taking this course. There's only one thing to do on this site, and there's only one course being offered, so if someone pays and registers, we want them to have as easy access to the material they paid for as possible. Any way to remove the need for a customer to register when just finishing registering is much appreciated. Thank you.

• Nastia

Hello Christian

I hope you are doing well today!

You can integrate the CoursePress with the Marketing eCommerce plugin and sell the courses from there..

The user will be able to add to a cart the course and then proceed to a checkout where he will create an account to continue with the purchase.

The users must complete the registration or to be logged in before purchasing the course. Otherwise, you will have orders with no user accounts to be connected to courses.

Of course you can use the Gravity Forms for user registration, the plugins are compatible together. By default the CoursePress has a built in Signup function, but with custom coding you can redirect users to register with the Gravity forms. Please feel free to post a new job inside the Jobs & Pros forums so the skillfull developer can do this for you.

Let us know if you require any further information!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Christian

Thank you for the insight Nastia. My understanding is that we could use this shopping cart plugin or pretty much any shopping cart plugin to complete the sale. But there's simply no way for someone who doesn't have a preexisting account to complete a purchase, create an account on the site and enroll for the course in a single checkout sequence, is that correct?

I do understand this can be streamlined with custom development work, which is why our team has already begun. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked anything. It pretty much just cannot be done, correct?

In other words, we can sell the registration and then let them enroll for free. Or we can let them register for free and then charge for enrollment in the course. But one way or another, it's a multistep process to get access to course material. Does that sound accurate?

• Nastia

Hello Christian

My apologies for late reply!

there's simply no way for someone who doesn't have a preexisting account to complete a purchase

If you are using Marketpress by itself, then the is an option to purchase a product without registration. Along with CoursePress plugin the registration is unvoidable. The CoursePress plugin requires for users to be registered, in order to enroll to a course.

In other words, we can sell the registration and then let them enroll for free. Or we can let them register for free and then charge for enrollment in the course. But one way or another, it's a multistep process to get access to course material.

Yes, you are right, this is a multistep process. The users must register and buy a course, in that order.

I'm not sure how to sell the registration to a user, as you mentioned above, but if you do this, then you wont be able to sell the courses individually.
    If you wish to grant access to the registered users for all the courses with one payment, you can try the Membership 2 plugin.

Otherwise, to sell each course individually you will have to use the MarketPress plugin.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia