Selling domains like wordpress.com?

I am wondering is there a solution to sell domains via wordpress like wordpress.com? I would love to be able to sell domains but I can figure out how I would go about integrating an api for selling them into a plugin. Any Ideas?

• aecnu

Greetings xaviemirmon,

Thank you for the great question.

As evidenced by WHMCS and many others, the domain registrars offer there own API integrations and none of them follow the exact same route or coding. Therefore an all around solution would not be possible, one would indeed need the API from each individual registrar itself, but depending on the registrar, there are usually costs involved or the commissions are not so great at all to include one time pop's rather then recurring.

Therefore implementing this into WordPress or WHMCS has its additional expenses plus the need to use the registrars specific API to include authorization to use that API with user name and password specific to the API.

Of course this ticket still remains in the feature requests section and available for anyone else to add there +1's as I am certainly with you on this request, but realize the extreme challenges that are part of this idea.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings xaviemirmon,

One way to get some help on this subject is to grab an already working registrar gateway from WHMCS for example and study its coding to be able to create your own version from that.

Scratch that suggestion about WHMCS coding, I just checked and they ion cube encrypted the coding. D-a-r-n because if they did not encrypt it I was going to ask you which registrar and offer you the code :slight_frown:

With that information I would go to the selected registrar that offers and API an see about hijacking the code from there.

I hope this helps, I have certainly tried and have done my homework.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.