Selling Downloadable Videos inside Marketpress

Hello. I want to sell downloadable videos inside Marketpress. I've scoured the internet as much as I can and haven't found a plugin that specifically addresses this. I would like to upload the video for sale and have the ecommerce plugin show the video in a player on the detail page. Related products and widgets should show thumbnails taken from the video (or I can upload these separately). How can I accomplish this using Marketpress? Also, I would like to sell via the same Marketpress on a Facebook tab. Is that possible? Thanks for the help.

• Patrick

Hi @mediagin

Welcome to the forums!

That is certainly possible, MarketPress is designed to handle digital products. But it will involve some additional input from you when you create your products.

Depending on the filesize, you would likely need to upload your videos via FTP. Then include the URL to the video in the product description as you would normally.

However, the plugin cannot automatically display the video in a player, nor can it extract thumbnails.

There are many plugins to help you fine-tune the display of related products. But there again, that would need to be configured in addition to MarketPress.

As for publishing to Facebook, you may want to take a look at our Ultimate Facebook plugin. You can set it up so your new products are autoposted to your Facebook.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.