Selling Memberships through MarketPress

OK, I know this has been asked, but from what I could tell, it has been some time.

I am coming from a different eco-system of wordpress e-commerce and membership plugins, and it is seamless to sell memberships. To be honest, I think MarketPress has a nicer UX, but I have not seen the functionality I need. Basically, I want my customers to be able to sell memberships to their sites along side other digital products.

Am I missing something here on how to do this? Or would it be better to just use my previous system of plugins with ProSites?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

Thanks for your question.

Pro Sites is used for when you let people have their own website within your multisite install. It gives access to premium themes, plugins, space and other features based on a subscription your members pay for.

I mention this because you talk about Pro Sites as an option for selling memberships which it won't do.

Unfortunately MarketPress won't handle memberships.

Our Membership plugin will however:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

But this won't do what Pro Sites does, so it really depends on what you need here.

Take care.

• Dan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Timothy,

Perhaps I was unclear. I am using Pro Sites to set up my customers with their own membership sites. I would like them to use MarketPress and your Membership plugins to do this, as I think the interfaces are a bit more intuitive.

However, I am not finding a way to use MarketPress to sell Memberships, but the threads I have found for that are a bit old, so I thought I would check to see if there has been an update.

Good news is, my fall back option is WP eStore and WP eMembers, which I know work fantastically together to do exactly this. So either way, my customers get what they need.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Ahh, I gotcha I think :slight_smile:

Well MarketPress can't sell membership. There isn't currently any integration between MarketPress and Membership although this is planned for down the line.

Member can protect any aspect of MarketPress on the frontend, in fact any link at all on the front it can protect. :slight_smile:

I hate to admit, but sadly this isn't a feature right now, there is no integration and it might be a while until integration happens. Although it's reasonable popular, it's not the most popular and so it's not a priority. Sorry.

We're looking at launching a status board in the future so that members will have a better idea of what version certain new features might appear in. This should help make it more transparent. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.