Selling online courses using CoursePressPro and Membership Pro

What is the best method to setting up a perpetual (evergreen) launch for an online course using CoursePressPro and Membership Pro?

I have Leadpages set up with a lead magnet which is a 4 part video. At the end of the last video I have a button to purchase the full course.

I want to be able to send the user directly to a registration form to pay and get access to the full course. The course will not be public but instead each person must go through the leadpages optin page.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Wedo,

Hope you're doing well today! Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community.

I think our Protected Content plugin might be a better fit for you here. It comes with a ton of shortcodes you could take advantage of :slight_smile:

You could even place the registration form at the bottom of the page and use a shortcode parameter to apply the membership during registration - if it's paid membership then it will send them to the gateway after.

ie of shortcode:

[ms-membership-register-user membership_id="10"]

Change ID to whatever membership you want assigned.

Another option, if you want to use a link or button is to use this shortcode:

[ms-membership-buy id="10" label="Buy now!"]

That will send the user to the registration page for that membership, essentially bypassing the need to go to the membership list page and select one there.

There's a bunch of other shortcodes you could use too, you can find them after installing the plugin via:

Protect Content > Help > Shortcodes.

Memberhsip and Protected Content are quite similar. Protected Content is a re-coded version of membership that has allowed us to add some features that we weren't able to with Membership Pro due to the base framework of it. Many members still love membership pro so of course we are still supporting it and have no plans to drop support for it.

There is also a Membership to Protected Content importer too if you already have memberships in Membership Pro.

I have explained how to use Protected Content to protect Courses in this thread here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/installment-payments-with-marketpress-ecommerce#post-844955

If you have any questions on that you can ask back in this thread - keep everything organized :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Wedo,

Hope you're doing well today! Sorry for the delay here.

I just tested this and it looks like there may be a bug here. When you tried it, did it just loop around to the sign up form again?

I am flagging this for the developer as that is what is happening for me. They will be able to get this sorted out :slight_smile:

In the meantime, let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.