Selling WP Defender with Pro Sites + Multisite Plugin Manager

Hello,

I'm preparing a WPMU Multi-Network to setup, provide/sell and maintain a Managed WordPress solution for photographers and artists.

I've just started to learn about management-plugins such as "Pro Sites" and "Multisite Plugins Manager" and found your article about using both very useful.

So I have setup both as recommended in the article and went to
Plugins -> Plugin Management
on my network-dashboard.

I can see most of the plugins I have previously installed and I can easily assign them to All Users, Pro Sites, Auto-Activate or None. It just surprises me that not all of WPMUDEV plugins are being shown here, e.g. Wp Defender or Hummingbird, whereas WP Smush or Ultimate Branding are listed among the others.

I would like to activate Hummingbird + Defender for specific clients via Pro Sites packages or for All users, but since they are not listed within the Plugin Management section I wonder how. In the standard plugins section they are deactivated like all other plugins except for Multisite Plugin Manager, Pro Sites & WPMUDEV Dashboard.

Anyone who can teach me how to provide Defender, Hummingbird and others not listed in Plugin Management as described?

Thank you and have a wonderful day :slight_smile:
Sascha

PS: In case you require URL etc. please set this ticket to private-state first

• Luís

Hi sushling ,

Hope you're doing well today!

When Hummingbird and Defender are installed on WordPress Multisite, they can only be network activated, they work in a network level.

To use the features of "Multisite Plugins Manager" or the "Premium plugins" module of Pro Sites (as an example) the plugin needs to be network deactivated, to be used in a site by site basis.

So, unfortunately, as they need to be network activated, they can't be used as "premium plugins".

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• sushling

Hi Luis,

thank you for your prompt reply.

I have understood the limits for Defender and Hummingbird. The same goes for the WHMCS Dashboard, correct? I have already set it up for the Multisite main-site, so I can manage only the main-site from the Hub. But if my client will have a site within the network (and use his own domain via the Domain Mapping plugin), I cannot help him manage his site via the hub, correct?

Thank you and kind regards,
    Sascha

• Luís

Hi sushling ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Firstly, sorry for the extreme delay in the reply and all the problems it may have caused.

The same goes for the WHMCS Dashboard, correct? I have already set it up for the Multisite main-site, so I can manage only the main-site from the Hub. But if my client will have a site within the network (and use his own domain via the Domain Mapping plugin), I cannot help him manage his site via the hub, correct?

Right, WPMUDEV Dashboard, when installed in WordPress Multisite, works in a network level and can only be accessed through the network admin panel and the features available in the HUB are only to the main site.

The subsites (using domain mapping or not) can't be managed through the HUB, only the main site.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.