Send Button Not Working on Contact Us page

When clicking on the send button of the Contact page, nothing happens.
Using Postman SMTP. The Thank You emails from our donation page are sending fine.
Not even sure how to proceed to test.
Could this be a web host issue?

• Dimitris

Hey there Joe,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I just tried to replicate this in a test environment with Scribe theme but emails were getting off successfully. I also inspected your contact page and there's an error 500 in console when you click on "send" button. :thinking:

Could you please try to access your server via FTP, edit wp-config.php file and insert the following line just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment.
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then try the form again and if this continues, then we should enable some debug information to come up.

Edit the wp-config.php file once more, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by submitting a form once more.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,

• Joe

Here you go:

[07-Jan-2017 19:33:53 UTC] PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Upfront_UcontactView::get_settings_from_ajax() should not be called statically in /home/jvigliano/ on line 121
    [07-Jan-2017 19:33:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type Exception as array in /home/jvigliano/ on line 31

• Dimitris

Hello Joe

Well, after some tweaks, it appears to be working.

If there's some worth mentioning, please do so! :slight_smile:

Is there any issue with me leaving the Debug code there, or should I take it out?

No problem with that but I'd rather advise you to turn debug off by replacing all lines with
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    This way you won't end up with a huge debug file, possibly by harmless notices, and you will have "clearer" logs whenever you need them.
    Either way, it's your call here! :slight_smile:

Take care,