Send e-mail when removing appointment

Hi there!

Really love A+, we use it to book tandemflights on a paraglider. So we offer only one service, but we use services to allow selection of 1, 2, 3 or 4 flights.

But we have two more requests, and I wonder if it is possible to create this.

1) Some extra fields with the reservation, possibly this is difficult

2) Lots of times we have to cancel because of the weather. We would love to send a mail in that case, to encourage them to make a new reservaton. Is it possible to send a mail, eg. when deleting an appointment. We could then delete it after a rainy day and hope for new reservations.

Thanks for your replies!

Pieter

• Alexander

Hi there @pieter_jansen,

I'm going to move this to feature requests and mention it to the developer. Unfortunately we don't have functionality

1. This is actually requested quite often. Popular feature requests are usually more likely to be implemented, so hopefully with this is will.

2. I rather like this idea as well. It could certainly be useful feature.

Both of these could be possible with custom development if you need them right away. You could get in touch with someone on the Job Boards if you're looking to hire a developer. For now this will be moved to feature requests.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• pxwm

Hi @Alexander Rohmann - Hope you don't mind me making a suggestion and I was working on this as our posts have crossed over.

Hi @pieter_jansen

Unfortunately the current version doesn't offer the functionality to create additional fields.

However I am aware this is being worked on and may be available in the next version which is in Beta.

However could you please confirm what extra fields you require as there is an option to select the Notes field which is a free field and isn't mandatory.

Could you also please confirm the process you use for cancelling appointments due to the bad weather.

You could try the following:-

Loggin to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Select A+ settings
    Select 'General' tab
    Set 'Allow client cancel own appointments' field to 'Yes'
    Set 'Allow service provider confirm own appointments' to 'Yes'
    Add a suitable line of text in the 'Confirmation email Message' field and/or 'Reminder email Message' field such as 'If you want to cancel your appointment, please click here: CANCEL'. Suggest you add it at the bottom of your email message making sure you add the 'CANCEL' at the end.

This will include a line of text at the bottom of your confirmation/reminder email that can be clicked to cancel the the appointment

With the settings as above it will send an email to the client and to the service provider when the appointment is confirmed or the reminder sent out depending on the settings in the A+ 'General' tab. The email will contain a cancellation link at the bottom and when clicked will cancel the appointment and will direct them to a page on the site depending on the settings in the A+ 'General' tab, see below for more info.

To note these settings will send the cancellation link to the client and the nominated service provider.

You may also want to create a cancellation page to direct the client/service provider to Appointment cancelled page.

If you do make sure you set the 'Appointment cancelled page' field in the A+ 'General' tab to reflect the name of the cancellation page

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.