Send ticket option?

Hello,

First of all amazing plugin!

My only request and not sure if it can be done. I have a client who I use Joomla for at the moment but he loves wordpress. The only thing WP was lacking of course was a great events plugin. Now we have one, but there is only one option I am not seeing that my client loves.

I use RSEvents for his site, in that extension there is an option to create a ticket and email it to the participant on payment approval. Also generating a bar code on the ticket which my client uses at check in. Can this be implemented? Also after reading through all 130 comments on the events beta board I did not see whether multiple options have been implemented.

Again thank you Dev's for all the hard work!

P.S.
Maybe a mobile registrations page as an option as well :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

Hey simpledz, thanks for the kind comments. :slight_smile:

I use RSEvents for his site, in that extension there is an option to create a ticket and email it to the participant on payment approval. Also generating a bar code on the ticket which my client uses at check in. Can this be implemented?

Currently this is not an option unfortunately however it is something which gets requested and a feature I think will be valuable for managing events. So lets discuss this a little further and then see if this is something more and more members want. We can then also get our developer to give some feedback on these features for future development.

I believe there will be an option for a downloadable ticket in the future.

So here is how I envisage it working, please add your own thoughts, additions or changes.

+ Downloadable ticket PDF (for download later).
    + Printable Ticket direct from site through browser.
    + Email PDF to client.
    + All three options could include the payment receipt as well.

How would the barcode be generated? A paypal transaction id? Some other ID? What should it represent? What about a QR code which went to a site page confirming the booking? If logged in with an admin he/she could check that code as used then?

You could then use IPADS or similar on the door to check people in?

Any thoughts?

Maybe a mobile registrations page as an option as well :slight_smile:

If you use a responsive theme it should work well, did you have some issues?

There are some responsive themes here, if you wish to look:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/retouch-a-free-responsive-photo-theme-for-wordpress/

I hope this answers your questions. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• HeySteelman

In actuality you took my ideas straight out of my head. I've been playing with a QR method for RSEvents but I am a simple coder. Just began working with PHP a couple of years ago and can never seem to get the right layout for it. If it is something the developers here would love to try, I would be ecstatic and switch all my clients to WP that run events.

I know for certain if these ideas were worked in somehow there would be a golden plugin. Most of my clients are event coordinators and ask me about those options all the time. Normally having to use several different joomla functions and tie them in.

Thank you for those resources on responsive themes. For the past year I have been lazy using artisteer for simple sites. Looks like I have a new tool to learn with responsive templates. Time to dust off dreamweaver :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

I'll pass this along, I do think some of this would be fantastic and could really open up the plugin more for Event management as well :slight_smile:

When I my main computer was Microslow, I use to love using PHPDesigner:

http://www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner.php

Was never a huge lover of Dreamweaver, no particular reason. Anyway, thought I would mention that.

On Mac, I enjoy BBEdit, but there are a few other cool apps I've used which I like also. :slight_smile:

So anyone else out there looking for this as well?

Add your +1.

I'd love for this, so +101 from me :wink:

I'm going to move this over to feature requests forums as well.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.