Sending Emails To Users When Questions Are Asked

Is there a way to setup the following:
User signups for a free membership (membership2 plugin). In the signup process they choose which categories they are interested in getting information from and answering question from. After login, they are redirected to their dashboard where the most recent questions or topics in the category they have chosen are displayed (Questions from Q & A Plugin)

Next:
A user asks a questions (Q & A Plugin). The use then chooses a category for that question to go into. Once they post the question, each person subscribed to that category will get an email (email newsletter plugin) with that question or several questions from their selected categories.

I this possible with the WPMU plugins or do I need to use different Plugins.

Future plans will be to add course pro plugin in as well.

• Nastia

Hello inspirationmedia , I trust you are doing well today!

User signups for a free membership (membership2 plugin). In the signup process they choose which categories they are interested in getting information from and answering question from. After login, they are redirected to their dashboard where the most recent questions or topics in the category they have chosen are displayed (Questions from Q & A Plugin)

This is possible only with custom coding. There is no option for this in Membership and in Q&A plugins out of the box.

A user asks a questions (Q & A Plugin). The use then chooses a category for that question to go into. Once they post the question, each person subscribed to that category will get an email (email newsletter plugin) with that question or several questions from their selected categories.

This is a little bit complex to set up with the Q&A plugin. The plugin itself does have notifications options in Questions > Settings, but it doesn't categories users to mailing lists.

With custom code, you could modify the plugin's core files and add an option: if a user has answered on a certain category, so the related email could be sent. If not, the email will not be sent.

But this will be complex to do.

I've searched and you can have a look at the Subscribe to Category plugin, ot you could try this premium plugin - Native email

Both of your questions will require a lot of custom coding, to match your requirements. Please feel free to post a new job in Jobs & Pros section, so a skillful developer can do this for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.