Sending mail with sendgrid

My subscriber list is getting too big for my host's limits and all my emails are bouncing because of it. I'd like to send email with sendgrid instead. How can I configure this?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Meredith,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The e-Newsletter plugin doesn't include integration with SendGrid so it's not possible to use SendGrid with it without additional customization. That would however require custom development, including making changes in core files of the plugin.

Our Hustle plugin however provides integration with other providers and while SendGrid is not among them yet, there are other similar services available. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/hustle/

If you wish to stick to SendGrid though, that would require custom development and it would be a bit outside of the scope of Support Forum so you may want to post a question on our Jobs&Pros job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Meredith!

The Hustle does integrate with E-Newsletter but it's a "one way" integration where subscribers from Hustle can be added to E-Newsletter's lists. It doesn't go the other way though.

The Hustle doesn't let you send newsletters either. It's an advanced tool to help you get subscribers from your site to any of the integrated mailing service providers. With Hustle you create "opt-ins" - that means nice forms in variety of ways/styles - that let visitors subscribe for newsletters.

Then you send newsletters directly using the mailing service provider's tools. That's a robust solution though it works a different way than E-Newsletter.

E-Newsletter however lets you export already existing subscribers to the CSV file so you could use that file to import them to your mailing service provider (one of those supported by Hustle) and then all the new subscriptions would go directly to that new system.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• jetmac

Meredith

I don't use eNewsletter anymore, and I haven't checked this out myself, but you can likely use SendGrid as an SMTP mail delivery and not use their API.

Admittedly, the API is a lot better, but I do think they still maintain the SMTP method. Amazon SES also works as SMTP, as does MailChimp/Mandrill.

When I did use this plugin, both Amazon and Mandrill worked fine for me as an SMTP sending service.