Sending Pings with Membership to control another Wordpress Site? (Add/Remove members etc.)

Is there a place some knows of that has instructions on how to Control Wordpress functions with Pings.

For example: Sending Pings to Add or Remove Members in another Wordpress Site.

Ideally I would like a resource with coding that can be used for all things that could possibly be controlled in WordPress with pings form the Membership plugin.

At the moment I want to be able to Ping another WordPress install with the Membership plugin to add a member at a certain Membership level. Creating and deleting would be a start, but choosing, upgrading, downgrading or deleting member in a different WP install would be the end goal.

Thanks,
Sean

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Sean,

Thank you for bringing up the subject of the pinging and how it relates and interacts with other sites.

I apologize that I cannot add further to the subject since I am too unaware of any instructions that explain how this may work and I certainly do not know everything.

Therefore I am going to see if I can get the lead developer of Membership plugin in here for us to offer his invaluable insight to just how this ping thing works.

Though this may take a little longer then a normal ticket, I hope to get the developer to stop in here to help get this sorted out asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Sean
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Joe and Barry,

Thanks for your responses. So it sounds like I will not be able to achieve what I am trying to do.

I did read Tim's manual for the Membership plugin twice, and it is excellent.

Where controlling other WordPress Installs with pings is not an option at this point, I have another important question. Can Membership be installed on more than one WordPress network using the same PayPal account?

Thanks,
    Sean

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi, you can use them, but it would require some custom code. If you want to post up a bit more detail then we may be able to help out and build the basics.

You can run as many membership sites as you want with the same paypal address, but the notifications will only go to the site that originated the purchase / order.

• Sean
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the confirmation that multiple Membership installs can be attached to one PayPal account.

My market has at least 3 distinct types of members:

• Doctors
    • Providers of Products and Services for Doctors
    • Patients

I would love to put them all in one BuddyPress network but I am concerned that I would not have enough control over how they can interact. For example I do not want the product and service providers being able to directly contact the doctors with spam, spam their groups or spam elsewhere on the site.

My thought is to have the doctors on there own BuddyPress network. The doctors should be able to interact with each other, so BuddyPress makes sense. The product and service providers do not need to interact with each other so a WP network would probably be fine.

When a doctor joins the BuddyPress network for doctors they should automatically added as a member of the product and service provider's network with a ping. They should also be added to the patient's network with a ping. This way they can login with the same user name and password for each. It would be ideal if they could login to one site/network and be automatically logged in to all of the other sites/networks.

Setting it up like this will allow the doctors to interact with each other on their own BuddyPress network, be able to interact and answer patient questions on the patient network, and be able to interact with the product and service providers on their network. The reverse would not be true though the patients and product and service providers would only have visitor access to the doctors network.

On the doctors and the product and service provider's networks I plan on using a number of premium themes that have the option of being free or paid services. Instead of using each theme's payment system I plan to set them up as free, or free for members. Then I will use the Membership plugin to restrict them by URL with a page directing them to signup through Membership. This way I can provide a package of services with one Membership.

The doctors and the product and service providers will need be able to create their own sites as part of their membership. The patients do not need to be able to create sites.

Does the way I plan to set it up make sense? If so then I need a way to add, delete, upgrade or downgrade Membership in other WordPress installs.

Kind regards,
    Sean

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Sean,

Just touching base with you to let you know that though we have nothing more that I am aware of to offer to the still under-development pinging feature, I also want to commend you that you have gotten more out of Barry about this up and coming feature then I have managed to - thank you!

In this case it is a wait till it is ready type situation in which at that time I welcome you to come back and reopen this ticket.

I am closing it for now since nobody else that i am aware of has further information to offer then the information that Barry has given you.

Look forward to working with you when we know more.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.