sending problem

hi there,
i've managed to get the e-newsletter working, however, it seems to be not working properly.

when i click 'send' newsletter, it says 'The Newsletter was sent to 0 out of 3 members' (all these 3 members are my other email addresses). it says sent to 0, but i got the newsletter for 2 out of 3 emails. it also says 'sending' all the time.
i never got an email sent to my gmail account..

while creating a newsletter, when i send an email as preview to my gmail account, it gets there straight away though!

any ideas?

PS. i'm using SMTP settings with my SMTP Outgoing server being mail.bandcloud.co.uk. also, i'm on a virtual dedicated server if that helps..

thanks,
Adam

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Adam,

Well it seem initially that you have everything setup properly. To be clear, it is sending the emails it's just not reporting it properly - except for gmail.

You've checked your spam folder and it isn't there? gmail is notorious for this.

I've just tested the plugin on my own server and while it sent correctly (and the numbers updated) and then completed correctly.

Do you have anything in your php error logs? Are there any other errors during sending? Can you check your outgoing SMTP logs as well and see if there's any message their related to the gmail address?

Hopefully, we'll find a clue there as to what's happening. Thanks!

• adam007
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hi Mason,
    thanks for your reply!
    i did check the SPAM, nothing there. as i've said, when i send a preview to my gmail account then it works, but when i try to send a newsletter, nothing comes through..

when i click 'send', the first thing i see is 'The page at adamdrelich.bandcloud.co.uk says: ok'. on the page, i can see:

"
    The Newsletter was sent to 0 out of 4 members

Sending
    "

out of four, one mail came through so far.. on the page it still says 'sending' but nothing's happening. is there any progress bar for it?

in the dashboard, in 5 Latest Sent Newsletters it says 'sent to 1 member'.
    then, as i'm writing, i clicked on 'send page', clicked 'continue send' and got another email for another email address.
    went back to the dashboard and it says 'sent to 2 members'.
    i did try the same thing again, but didn't get newsletter for remaining 2 test emails. then, i clicked pause, then continue and got one more email. still, i never got an email for my gmail address.

it all seems to be set up properly as i'm getting email, but 1. not for gmail 2. i need to keep resending it to get email for another email accounts 3. when i first click to send a newsletter it always shows The Newsletter was sent to 0 out of 4 members, even though it sends a newsletter at least to one of my test email accounts.

hope you can help with that.
    thanks,
    Adam

• adam007

just did some more testing and got an email for gmail account either!
    what's happening is, when i click 'send' newsletter, it shows me 'The Newsletter was sent to 0 out of 4 members' then i click on pause then continue, pause and continue.. every time it shows me a popup with 'The page at adamdrelich.bandcloud.co.uk says: ok'. when i do it four time then the last popup says 'The page at adamdrelich.bandcloud.co.uk says: end'.

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Greetings adam007 dont know at what step you are, but had a client of mine happening this and his problem was he have not make any mailing groups, dont know if that helps.

My sugestion to my client with a similar issue was to Create New Group for each stuff, like post, news, blog, etc and assign the users to that group, when sending the newsletter you gotta choose the new created group so they get the emails.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Alex

• adam007

hi Mason,
    i haven't tried to debug it anymore so quite likely it's still the same. i'll run some more tests on friday and will let you know, but i'm pretty sure nothing really changed so it's probably still the same problem..

thanks,
    Adam

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Ok Adam, we don't want this ticket to fall through the cracks. If you do have the same trouble on friday, try using firebug's console window (or another tool) to see if there's any javascript errors occurring during the sending process.

If you find there are and can post it here we can help you resolve it. Also, I know I mentioned checking your php error logs previously. This can also give us some hints as to the root of the issue here.

Thanks!

• adam007

hi Mason,
    i've done a test. i've tried to create a group and send out email to a group, but still the same issue. it says 'sending' but stays there forever. i've sent a newsletter to 4 email and only one went through..
    cannot see any php error log file and not sure how to debug javascript errors as it's too technical for me..

not sure what to do.. probably no choice but stop using this plugin unless someone could look into that and try to debug. is any chance for that?

thanks,
    Adam

• Cole

Hey Adam,

There could be lot going on here. If you are willing, I would like to poke around your install myself so I can nail down the issue correctly.

If you could create some temporary admin credentials and email them to me.. cole@incsub.com

That should allow me to properly debug and hopefully get a fix worked up quickly.

Thanks for your patience.

Cole

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adam007,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• adam007

hi Joe,
    i've scheduled some testing for this friday. it's still not working properly for me, but i got a new beta e-newsletter version from Cole, just didn't have time to test it out yet.

once i do some testing, i'll update you.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hi @adam007

I must admit that this issue is bit weird.

Please check out new version of the plugin -1.2.5 and let us know if it works and how it compares with beta.

I would also like to know what browser you are using.
    This problem looks to be JS related and it might be caused by specific browser.
    You can try upgrading it or taking a look how our plugin behaves in different one.

Hope the issue is solved:slight_smile:
    Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Adam,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.