Sensei plugin - Single Course Page doesn't show lessons

Hi,
I am struggling with the Sensei plugin on my website. I love it, but cannot make it show the list of lessons included in any course.
It shows the header "Lessons" but it is empty below even though I have many lessons included.
I am sure this is not about the settings but something in the coding.
http://www.bagikatalin.com/course/pronunciation/
The plugin demo page looks like this, and this is exactly what I am trying to achieve:
http://wedesignthemes.com/themes/lms/sensei/course/summer-holidays-education/
Any idea would be appreciated.
Katalin

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Katalin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not that familiar with Sensei plugin but have you already asked Woo support for help? This is a premium plugin so since you paid for it you are eligible for a full support form them. I think they should be able to help you with this.

I suggest that you get in touch with them and in case they weren't able to solve this let me know please (along with their answer).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Katalin!

Thank you for this explanation.

I'd strongly suggest buying plugins and themes directly from their original developers/vendors. It's commonly known fact that plugins distributed by 3rd-party distributors are often changed and may include some malicious "additions". I'm not saying that this is the case but I just wanted you to be aware of this for the sake of the security of your site.

As for the issue. As I mentioned before, it's a premium plugin to which I do not have access to currently. As a result I'm not able to test it on my test sites so I'd need to work directly on yours. Could you please grant me a support access to it so I could take a closer look?

To do this please follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Katalin,

Thanks for granting access, I had a look at your site and your course is protected by S2 Member plugin and that's why the content is protected.

You should get in touch with S2 developers about this and see if the plugin is compatible with the Sensei since I'm not sure how S2 works and protects posts.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Katalin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,
    S2member is not the cause of my lessons not showing up. That course and its content is not protected by it, plus, when I disabled s2member (just like all the other plugins on the site), it didn't change a thing.
    Katalin

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Katalin!

Thank you for your response and this additional information.

I tried to access your site once more to take a look but I wasn't able to. Regardless whether I tried support access or just to directly open front-page in another browser I was getting timeout error like the site was down. Did you switch it off or removed or this may just be a temporary server break down?

Please double-check that the site is up and running and the support access is still granted and let me know here please. I'll then access it and perform some more checks.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Katalin,

S2member is not the cause of my lessons not showing up. That course and its content is not protected by it, plus, when I disabled s2member (just like all the other plugins on the site), it didn't change a thing.

Can you please double check this, when I look at your setup the Pronunciation course is clearly protected, as shown here:

As soon as I remove it from that list the post is loading normally:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Katalin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,
    You are right. As I was tinkering with it, I have accidentally left the protection on it.
    However, that doesn't change my initial problem. If you look at it, the list of lessons don't show up under the "Lessons" header.
    Please, compare it with the demo here:

Katalin

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Katalin,

I went back through this thread once more and can see that you have already tried plugin conflict test, since you have over 20 plugins active I would suggest disabling everything except the Sensei and switching to default WP theme to see if it shows after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Katalin!

I accessed your site once again and find out that there are actually two ways to access that "course details/description" page. For "Pronunciation" course these would be:

http://www.bagikatalin.com/course/pronunciation/

and

http://www.bagikatalin.com/courses/pronunciation/

The first one is the one that doesn't show lessons and the second one looks different than the "demo" but is serving all the information. The second one is generated from "Courses Overviews" page with a slug /courses. But there's the second "Courses Overview" page with a slug "courses-overview".

On the first one "LMS Child Page Builder" is enabled, even though no modules is added and on the second one it is not. Switching on "LMS Child Page Builder" doesn't help here though but I must say I'm a bit confused. Could you please shed some light on how does it come there are duplicate "Courses Overview" pages? I assume you made some changes aiming to set it all up just like it looks on demo site so could you please describe what changes did you made? I'll then keep investigating this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Katalin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam ,
    Your observations are correct. Here is the reason:
    The theme, LMS by Themeforest, I am using, comes with its own built in features for displaying courses, lessons, quizzes and so on (these are the so-called "dt-courses":wink:. I did use this initially that is why you see some courses still there (I will now delete them to avoid confusion.) These courses show the lessons no problem. These features have several shortcomings, though, that is why I have decided to use the Sensei plugin. My theme supports Sensei, hence the demo link I sent you.
    So the courses, lessons of Sensei are totally separate and are served under "courses-overview". And this is where I have the issue. The Sensei Single Course Pages are the ones not showing the lessons included.
    I did download the demo date for the Sensei plugin (since deleted) and I had the same problem. Even the demo courses didn't list their lessons.
    Surprisingly, if I organize the individual lessons into Modules, then the lessons show up (but still no excerpt). See the course Level 3C for example. http://www.bagikatalin.com/course/level-3c/
    I hope I made it a bit clearer. But as I said, I delete now the dt-courses to avoid confusion.
    Oh, and I contacted ThemeForest about the issue, they said it is a Sensei plugin issue, they cannot deal with it.
    Katalin

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hey Katalin,

Hope you are doing well today. :slight_smile:

Dear Katlin, this is indeed related to Sensei plugin and fix for this falls out of scope of support forum here because it requires some custom fixes and deep view of Sensei plugin. We are not covering full support for third party plugins so best way to handle this is by hiring developer who can work on with Sensei plugin and implement fix for you. Other option is our Job Portal.

One quick note here is that, our Job Portal is not governed by any official WPMU DEV staff, but experts from community.

Thanks for being with us and giving a chance to help you. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.