Sent a question HOURS ago! No response.

I wrote to you several hours ago and have gotten no response other than an autoresponder (that was actually very cute!).

I know you're in Australia, so am trying to be patient about the time difference (I'm in California). But 24/7 and fast service? Well, if you can help me, EVER, I'll be happy. I now have two more questions. Hopefully the answer will be there in the morning (Pacific Time)!

I just bought BuddyPress Daily and some plugins. I've been telling everyone how wonderful you are, based on your promises and claims!

But I'm really STUCK. My previous (unanswered as of yet) question is: where is the PDF and video you promised to talk us through our step-by-steps? I want a site that looks like NY Times; but .... so far, using the tools I've found, clearly I'm missing something.

Then I added a header in the child HTML header section and it looked FABULOUS! But when I used Theme Options and Preset Style, cool stuff appeared and my header disappeared! It won't fit in the narrow pixel options of the "Header" option -- it's fatter than that! So what am I supposed to DO?

I'm getting very discouraged. I need guidance but no one will e-mail me and I can't find a step-by-step.

I'm not a newbie to WP or FTP, but am just getting the hang of the two-theme approach.

Where did my header go and how do I make it look like the NY Times site as you said I could? And where are your helpful theme-oriented PDFs and videos? I only found GENERAL ones. They were good; but clearly I need something for this theme.

Looking forward to your help SOON(!),
Mary

• aecnu

Greetings Mary,

Thank you for your feedback, it is sincerely appreciated.

First yes WPMU Dev the business is based in Australia, but over half of the support staff are based in the US like myself Pennsylvania and others in Louisiana, Florida, etc.

Though I am not aware of any support tickets prior to this one here, we are for the most part Americans and it is also a holiday weekend for us as well, though obviously here I am on a Federal holiday trying to assist you.

I do not know about writing in since I do not work the emails. However, it is the support forums/community that offers the 24/7 and to the best of my knowledge this is not relative to the emails.

If you do indeed have a support question or issue, rather then emailing try the support forums and experience a bit of difference in response times with your ticket being addressed by staff in the order in which it was received and also by contributing members.

But I'm really STUCK. My previous (unanswered as of yet) question is: where is the PDF and video you promised to talk us through our step-by-steps?

Your fellow community member @bmwijaya gave a legitimate answer to your question regarding the pdf manual though there are also tips on the Buddy Press Daily themes usage page as well.

In addition, there is a live demo of the theme too.

The rest of it we help you with here in the support forums as needed as you apply yourself to the project.

Then I added a header in the child HTML header section and it looked FABULOUS! But when I used Theme Options and Preset Style, cool stuff appeared and my header disappeared! It won't fit in the narrow pixel options of the "Header" option -- it's fatter than that! So what am I supposed to DO?

In this case it appears that you started to customize your site with your header and then you turned around and wiped out those customizations by choosing a preset style afterwards.

This should have probably been done in reverse and then we can deal with your header problem thereafter. To give you an answer on fixing the header issue you need to tell us a little more then "it is fatter then that" because it clearly does not describe width or height.

Where did my header go and how do I make it look like the NY Times site as you said I could?

Have you tried to re-upload the header? And if so what was the result?

Apply yourself, be patient with yourself, ask specific questions with details and we should be able to get everything sorted that you want short of heavy custom coding.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe