SEO and UpFront - websited not indexed by Google anymore

Hi There,
A few months ago, one of the users contacted me to complain about the fact that his website is not indexed in Google.
I added the website to Webmaster Tools, validate it, added both versions (with and without www), submitted a sitemap... Nothing. Even after a few weeks, same thing.
Then I got the second complain - another user, same issue.
Was the moment I said I'm going to use Webmaster Tools to submit the websites to index. While fetching as google, I noticed that the content of the website is actually not visible to the search engine. It only sees the first section, the full screen section which contains the title.

So, even if I submit to index, Google will not index pages with just a few words in them - Not sure what is wrong - I tried with background image, slider, same thing. Now, after trying to fix this myself for a few months, I said maybe it's time to flag this and hope to get some help from the community.

Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mario,

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable support access you can leave message for support staff there - could you place there what subsites are having this issue - I'm assuming they are in your network?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Mario
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Kasia,
    access granted - the website in the screenshot attached on my previous post has the 499 id.
    You can even try to add it yourself into Webmaster Tool and check to see how odd Google is rendering it.
    The other user complaining has the id 192, but I could also give you other examples.

Thank you for all your support.

Best regards,
    Mario

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mario,

I'm sorry for the delay on my end - I can't check your site in Google webmaster tools because site need to be verified - and this one 499 already has verification tag added - could you tell me which plugin you are using to add this tag to sites? Then I will try to switch them for tests.

I tested both Spirit and Fixer themes on my site - and google fetches all text content from them - sliders are not showing, but headers and text blocks are working.

On your screen it is showed only one part of the site fetched by google - does on the lower parts of screen is just empty space without any text?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Mario
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Kasia,
    It's Head Meta Data - from website's dashboard -> Settings.

tested both Spirit and Fixer themes on my site - and google fetches all text content from them - sliders are not showing, but headers and text blocks are working.

On mine it's kind of the other way around. The top section which is a full screen, is the only one showing. And while you scroll down, you could still see the same image from the first section, but nothing else.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mario,

So I found reason for the 499 site - I switch header from the full screen to 100% and google fetch it all. I send message to developers about this issue - I'm waiting for solution on this case.

This is how google sees it now

But on 824 - according to google fetch it should be OK - because it shows me full content there:

so it should index this site.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.