SEO Checkup not working properly.

SEO Checkup not working properly. Giving the following error:

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/8c82e64eaa1af9cba7f614eeffa8e992/Screen%20Shot%202018-11-04%20at%208.37.20%20PM.png

Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Bobby

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and it seems that crawl attempts are being blocked by Sucuri. I can see that Sucuri plugin is disabled on site but the service seems to be still protecting the site and site seems to be responding with 403 Forbidden from "Sucuri/Cloudproxy" server when I try to manually fetch it using "curl" from external source.

That said, could you please try to white list all the following IPs there and see if that helps?

Let me know if that worked, please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Bobby
    • New Recruit

Sorry, I am using a different domain for testing this problem (it is occurring on all my sites), which is 09sofine.com. Even if I disable the Sucuri plugin, I am using their DNS service and it's sitting behind their cloudproxy. I would have to change it to bypass their cloudproxy and would prefer not to do that.

One thing to mention is that there is geoblocking turned on, so I would like to know the countries being used for the IPs you provided.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Bobby

I'm glad you were able to "unlock" this and thank you for letting me know about those IPs. However, it's a bit weird, I must say. I just checked it with our sys-admins and while these IPs seems to be coming from AWS they are not from any instances that we have. They might be used by some AWS services but we don't have control over them.

Only the IPs that I shared previously are the static IPs that are related to our services and white-listing those should suffice here. I'm not sure in this case where these came from so could I ask you for a little help? Let's "call it a day" for now and consider the issue solved but please keep an eye on the issue on your end and if SEOCheckup would start "breaking again" (and giving it a little "wait time" wouldn't solve the issue on it's own) - could you please check again about those additional IPs and let me know, e.g. if some new started to show up and white-listing them would solve the issue?

I'm asking about this because it's quite an unusual case and if there's anything that I/we might be missing, I'd like to try to "catch that up" :slight_smile: I'd appreciate that.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Bobby
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam,

So I have been dealing with the problem continually and now the IPs I have are:

They are definitely coming from AWS but it seems like there are many... and when a checkup occurs, it's possible (and has) stopped working, causing the error again. With Sucuri, I have to whitelist every single IP but it can always change, so this has become very frustrating to deal with.

• Bobby
    • New Recruit

Thanks for escalating this up to your devs. At this point, it only affects SmartCrawl, not the uptime monitor service. I am sure others are experiencing this problem if they are using Sucuri + SmartCrawl. At this point, if there is not a solution from wpmudev and Sucuri, then I will just uninstall SmartCrawl and use another plugin like Yoast SEO.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Bobby,

Above IP that I suggested is related to SmartCrawl as well, not Uptime, can you please try adding it and let us know if you're still having issues after that?
    In the meantime I'm trying to see if can get a hold of Sucuri premium account to do some further tests on my end.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Bobby
    • New Recruit

Hi Predrag,

I added that IP to all of my sites, but it's still being blocked. I attached a couple screenshots of both SmartCrawl and my whitelist for the domain 09sofine.com. I also included a screenshot of checkup being blocked.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.