SEO Friendly Images

Hi,

It would be great if the infinite SEO plugin was expanded to include SEO for images.
I have a lot of images which I have not set the alt tag for them, it would be great if I could set a default tag and leave it (just like the functionality in the SEO friendly images plugin).

Thanks,

Conor

• PC

Greetings WACKA,

Thanks for writing on the forums !

This sounds like a great idea and I will move it to feature requests right this minute and let the developer know of the request.

Till then you may go to the media library and set it there.

It might take a bit longer than usual but alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at WPMU Jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Cheers
    PC

• webcrafter

I am not a the developer but just looking at the request at its face, a default tag for images would not be very SEO effective unless it was a random tag system, or tag based on something to do with with the image such as page description, name, tag, or title. Part of the SEO being looked at is the descriptiveness in relation to the actual value of surrounding text or content, and to much repetition is detrimental to SEO rather than helpful. So having a useful and effective addition is a complicated request. Just a thought off the top of my head to help understanding the level of the request and possibly help the thinking process of the developer...

Brad

• Vladislav

Hello,

Thank you so much for your insight, Brad - and I must say, I fully agree with what you said. I'm thinking that having just one keyword (or keyphrase) auto-repeated as image text representation would be more likely to hurt your SERP position, especially with the new Google algorithm changes. Using universal contextual techniques, such as pulling page title or short excerpt could quite possibly also end up with the same result (seeing as how having more then one image on a page is a quite plausible scenario).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.