SEO Issue with BuddyPress Titles

I reinstalled BuddyPress after a recent issue, and everything was fine. The SEO titles of each section within BuddyPress worked and showed the correct title, ie:

Activity Streams | Ashley | SearchBuzz

This meant that every section/tab on the user profiles for every user was unique, causing no SEO issues. However an issue has come back that shows the SEO title for anything in that area as the following:

Members | SearchBuzz

Having an SEO title thats the same for about 20,000 pages does me no good at all. I think this may be related to my cache plugin, or another plugin, however I am unsure of the exact reason for the issue. If you could kindly let me know of how I could troubleshoot this and find a solution, that would be great.

• Ashley Pearson

Hi. I disabled the Cashing Plugin, and nothing changed.

I am using the Wordpress SEO plugin by Yoast. I actually remember earlier this week I had issues with my URLs showing things like " Article Name | SearchBuzzSearchBuzz so I did the "rewrite URLs" setting to fix that. I have used it many times before, but not when I had BuddyPress installed. Could that have triggered the links on BuddyPress to make them do that? If so, is there a BuddyPress setting that will allow me to restructure the links for that part of the website?

I disabled all plugins except for BuddyPress. The page does not load for any pages on the website now, and only shows a white page. This is because some of the plugins I do have include functions which are not loading and therefore it can't load the rest. I can however see the SEO title of the page, and it does now indeed show the right SEO title.

I activated all the plugins again. I had to reactivate plugins such as WPMU Dev dashboard, and also reconnect to Wordpress.com for the jetpack plugin, however I now get this error:

Error Details: The Jetpack server could not communicate with your site's XML-RPC URL. Please check to make sure http://searchbuzz.co/xmlrpc.php is working properly. It should show 'XML?RPC server accepts POST requests only.' on a line by itself when viewed in a browser and should not have any blank links or extra output anywhere.

So now I can't even use Jetpack. Once again, another bug opens, when one bug is fixed.

I did however then go into the Plugins and disable just the Wordpress SEO plugin by Yoast as you asked which plugin I have in your post. Alas, it did indeed solve the issue, so now I have two questions:

1. How can I use Wordpress SEO plugin and have the links working for the BuddyPress section of the website.

2. How can I solve the XML-RPC error and be able to connect to my Wordpress.com account again for Jetpack. My XML RPC file does have blanks above the line of text which I know it is not supposed to, however it is hard to know what is causing those blank areas to appear.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

• PC

Hello there Ashley,

Sorry for having missed your last post. I have been a bit slow lately due to baby birth and a few other personal reasons.

I am sure that must have kept you waiting here.

Can you kindly let me know if the issue is still there ?

PS: I have found a post here : http://bp-tricks.com/coding/making-buddypress-compatible-with-the-wordpress-seo-plugin-from-yoast/ which tells me that others might also be facing this issue while using this plugin with BuddyPress.

Waiting for your response. Sorry again !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Patrick

@Ashley Pearson

If you are using BuddyPress, I think @PC is correct is suggesting that you try our Infinite SEO plugin as it recognizes BP out of the box.

BP profiles & groups can be indexed and included in sitemaps, and titles of members/groups areas are as follows (these reflect default settings and can be customized willy-nilly with the help of 28 macros):

Members Directory | Your Site
    Your Profile | Your Site
    demouser's Profile | Your Site

User Groups Directory | Your Site
    Group Name | Your Site

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.