SEO not being updated on HUB

I'm not getting my SEO updated on the HUB, it only says Your SEO crawl has timed out due to an unknown error. Please try again or contact support. Can you help me?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mario Townsend

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site in your Hub and site's back-end and the information was actually "matching up". The Hub was saying that "Your SEO crawl has timed out due to an unknown error" and that's exactly the same as the site was showing up: on "SmartCrawl -> Sitemap -> URL Crawler" page.

The checkup and crawl are not the same things and since the crawl had timed out that was reflected in the hub. Once I cleared the cache on site and run the crawl again, it's now reported in The Hub.

However, the question is why this time out happens. The crawl puts a lot o stress on site/server and that can sometimes cause server to start rejecting the requests during the crawl (temporarily). That often happens if server resources are temporarily "eaten up" or there's e.g. a spike of traffic on site etc. Too "aggressive" server-side cache can also affect this sometimes.

It would be good if you could test the crawl a couple of times trying to run it 1) with and without EPC cache (you can disable it in general settings of the site) and 2) if you got some stats, trying to run it at the times when the traffic to the site is biggest and when it's smallest.

This could possibly give us some way to "correlate" these factors which, in turn, might give some clue on why this is happening.

Would you be able to give it a shot?

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.