SEO Plugins Conflict

I understand that installing and activating 2 different SEO plugins such as YOAST and SmartCrawl at a Multisite installation, they will be conflicting on areas where they have the same features. But here is my doubt:

Is there any problem to install both of them but leaving them deactivated from the entire network and give the ability to each admin of the sub-sites decide which SEO plugin they would rather work with?

In that case, both would be installed but not activated at the Multisite Network Panel, allowing each sub-site owner to use one of them, according to its admin preference.

In that scenario, would I still run into conflicts due to have both of them installed at the primary panel or the conflicts would only happen if a sub-site activated both of them?

I hope I could have made it clear :wink:

Sincerely,
Rogerio Barreto

• Nastia

Hello Rogerio Barreto

Hope all is well!

We do not suggest activating both plugins at the same time because it can cause a conflict between the plugins and mess up SEO on a site. By default, SmartCrawl can be only network activated and managed on the network admin or from subsites, it depends on the settings.

I've moved this thread to the Features & Feedback section and made it a feature request. If more members will vote for this feature our developers consider adding this option.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.