Seriously irritated with WPMUDEV Dashboard

Why am I seeing this:

" Only the admin user "Admin" has access to the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and features on this site. " ... and why cant I remove this persistent irritation!!!!

So far I have...

Added: define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1':wink:; ...to wp-config.php
Removed: option_name='wdp_un_limit_to_user'; ... from the DB
Uninstalled / Deleted and reinstalled dashboard plugin.
Reset my API
Updated WPMUDEV Password
Spent far to much on this !!!!

I would sincerely appreciate a logical explanation as well as a solution.

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, wm!

Great troubleshooting so far, I can tell you've done your homework on the forum. There are a few other reasons that may be hindering you here.

1. Confirm your user ID is "1." This has thwarted me before, I'd set up a root admin account that was locked down and used the second account I created as the primary admin account/the one I was logged in with.

2. Check to make sure this line "define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1');" is above the line that tells you to stop editing in your wp-config file.

3. You've got the option to hide all the branding from wp-config, as well, by adding this line:

define(‘WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING’, true);

also make sure this is above the line that tells you to start editing.

Let me know if these options don't get things sorted, and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks, wm!

• wm

Hello Michelle

Thank you for your response, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Your suggestions are sincerely appreciated, however they have not helped.

I am left wondering wether this WPMUDEV dashboard is mostly about marketing and little to do about providing value to the user / customer. Why the heck do I need it in the first place? Why cant I update WPMUDEV plugins like other wordpress plugins. I feel, quite strongly, that the WPMUDEV DASHBOARD is an unnecessary layer of complexity and I certainly do not want to spend time problem solving something that seems to be mostly about promoting WMPUDEV products.

In general, my experience with WPMUDEV plugins over the last couple of months has been frustrating, a few other buggy plugins like Pro Sites and Domain Mapping are also lowering my view of WPMUDEV, apologies for my tone, but need to express my disappointment.

Regarding the Dashboard, does the following PHP error mean anything to you:
    ----------
    Warning Invalid argument supplied for foreach() 1 wt-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/update-notifications.php:2259 wp-admin/network/admin.php Core
    -----------

Kind regards
    Warren

• Jude

Psst here is some code you can use to turn off all notifications/nags etc permanently.

remove_action( ‘network_admin_notices’, ‘wdp_un_check’, 5 );
    remove_action( ‘admin_notices’, ‘wdp_un_check’, 5 );

Just copy/paste the code into the functions.php file of your child theme or a site specific plugin if you use one.

We cant use the WP repo / update process because there is no reliable way to sell premium plugins there.

Also looks like that warning has no real effects on the site .. you can safely ignore for now.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.