Server error back

Ongoing issues having thought we had solved them we had this issue on the editing of the front page I have reported it to siteground

500 - Internal Server Error
This is a temporary server error.
Please try to reload the webpage later.
If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755.
In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.

Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings.

• viobru

Hi, John!

Thanks for contacting us, hope you’re doing great :slight_smile:

I just visited it and the site is loading fine for me. According to the SiteGround message you’ve shared, this seems to have been a temporary issue on the server.

Just to clarify, have you already checked via cPanel if there’s any Error Log file on the server that can provide more details about what could have caused this? If so, could you attach it as a .txt file to this post so we can check it, please? (If you don’t know how to attach it to this post, please upload it to Dropbox/Drive folder and share a public link to the file).

Were you able to check the current file/directory permissions of your site’s folder or the content of the .htaccess file? Again, if possible, could you please attach the .htaccess file so we can check it? (Please change its extension to .txt and follow the same steps that I suggested before in order to share the error log file with us).

If you are not familiar with cPanel and are not sure of how to follow the suggestions from SiteGround and/or don’t know how to share the files, could you please send us an email via our secure contact form including the following information so we can check this for you?

Subject: "Attn: Violeta" (please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile: )
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - cPanel credentials: host/username/password
    - Linkback to this thread for reference

Please, USE our secure contact form to send it (please, DO NOT post your credentials in this thread since this is a PUBLIC thread and could be accessible by anyone): https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question.

Many thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Violeta

P.S.: As a future reference, here you have a tutorial about how to fix the most common issues that could cause a 500 Internal Server Error.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi John

I hope you have a nice day!

I already have access credentials to the site from you and I think all these issues are in fact related (this one, the "recurring fault" one and the SmartCrawl issue). So, I just talked to Violeta and we agreed that I'll "take over" since I'm already familiar with these other issues and have worked with it.

I hope you don't mind that :slight_smile:

I'll do some more checks/tests and let you know via e-mail about results.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.