Server error status: Internal Server Error [500]

Hello, I'm trying to install some plugins at my website Aliraclinica.com.br but I'm getting this error: Server error status: Internal Server Error [500]

How can I fix it?

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hello Pedro Barbieri,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Internal server error mostly caused to due to limited memory limit and execution time allocated for a script to run on your server.

This can be resolved by increasing the memory and execution limits etc by one of methods mentioned in this blog post.

Before making the changes, note down the existing memory limit and execution time in WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info -> PHP, so you could compare those later to make sure the changes are actually take effect.

On some shared hosting, you are not allowed to make these changes yourself. If you are unable to make those changes, then please contact your host and ask them to increase the memory limits for you.

If that still does not work even after increasing the memory limit by your hosting guys, then please enable error reporting/debugging in wp-config.php file by setting the WP_DEBUG flag from false to true.

Open up wp-config.php file, find below code:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

and replace it with following one:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Now try to install the plugin again, this should display the error message on screen. If you see any error then please post those error message here so I could further investigate this issue (please make sure you mask/remove the username from full path for security reasons).

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.