Server error status: Internal Server Error [500], Anonymous [NAME]

Getting the error Server error status: Internal Server Error [500] when trying to activate Hummingbird. Also showing WELCOME, [NAME] instead of Welcome Colin

Loaded this same plugin on another site today no problem.

Thanks

Colin

Rupok

Hi colin,

Now when I try to load Smush Pro, and I get another Internal 500 errors

It seems like this is not consistent. It's happening with different plugins at different times. So I don't think this is plugin specific issue, rather it more related with your server configuration.

Can you please contact your host and ask for the server error log as Kasia requested above? Please send us your server error log as that might have some valuable insight regarding what is causing this 500 Internal Server Error for your site.

Can you also turn on debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok