Server / websites information management system

Just like I use RoboForm to manage logins, passwords, forms etc..., is there any plugin or such that we can use to manage and keep track of the server / websites information, like control panel logins, FTP, MySQL, SSH, etc...

I know I can custom develop this using CustomPress plugin but the biggest hurdle is that the entire data should be encoded such that only the script / plugin can decode it.

I really need one such because we have more than 20 servers & 50+ websites and its becomes very difficult to keep track of all this.

I choose WP for this so that the information is stored online and is handy even if I am accessing it from anywhere in the world. Seems to be somewhat risky but I am sure there will be some work around for this.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alok Sharma,

Possibly creating a membership site where you are the only member and have access to your data?

The Membership plugin could do this portion.

You may even consider creating levels with access to just certain data for each level if it is necessary for you to share some of that data.

For additional security you may want to use Post Encryption And Decryption plugin or something similar.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Alok Sharma
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry for the late reply.

I understood. However, the main problem here is with creating field sets and each field set can have multiple blocks / repeatable entries. E.g. for FTP, it would be:-

Hostname:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:

I remember I have done this using Simple Fields plugin for a other project but not sure if I can make CustomPress do the same.

• Alok Sharma

Hi,

So far nothing good. I am still struggling to get this achieved with the help of plugin called Simple Field.

The only problem with this plugin is that I cannot re-arrange the repeatable fields set. When I drag a field set to other position, I start getting a white space at the bottom of page and it keeps increasing till I release the drag.

However, the re-arrangement is not saved.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alok Sharma,

Hmmmm .... Custom Press with data encryption sounds like a cool feature though I do not know if it can be done or not - but definitely an interesting idea.

With Simple Fields is the data encrypted?

What about SSL only access for Custom Press?

Let me know what you think of any of these possibilities.

Cheers, Joe

• Alok Sharma

Hi,

I don't think the data in encrypted with Simple Fields.

SSL only access for Custom Press is surely a good idea.

In short, what I need is the ability to create repeatable fields. For e.g. if I have 10 FTP users for a domain, then there would be 10 entries in a post for the FTP field group:

1|Hostname|Port|User|Pass
    2|Hostname|Port|User|Pass
    3|Hostname|Port|User|Pass
    4|Hostname|Port|User|Pass
    :
    :
    :
    10|Hostname|Port|User|Pass

I can then design the front-end such that only administrators can view the website.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Alok Sharma,

At this point in time I think since we do not have a solution for you that it is in your best interest for me to refer you to see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

I will leave this ticket open a little longer to see if there is any other input from other members whom may have a solution but other then that we are out of options except to submit this as a possible plugin development and at best a feature request for an already existing plugin.

Cheers, Joe

• Alok Sharma

Thanks acenu.

While this may be something out of the way but there could be possibly solutions.

I did a google but couldn't find anything such as a server information management system.

I use RoboForm and I think it can be used for this purpose to but not that effectively as everything needs to be organised so that all the information is available at a glance.

If I come across any resource, I will surely update it here.

Thank,

Alok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.