Service not selected in drop-down list

Hello,

I've got a problem with selecting the right services in the following page:

http://adventurerooms.it/catania/en/booking-collector/

Actually in my settings I have several services, some of them last 90 minutes and other last 30 minutes. In this page I want customer to book services delivered by a specific service provider which are only services which last 30 minutes. I specified the specific service provider in both the service drop-down list and in the chalendar.

As you can see the drop down list shows two services, which are both 30 minutes long. But the chalendar shows the time-table for services lasting 90 minutes. If you manually select one service from the drop-down the chalendar correctly change showing 30minutes appointments.

I could not see a short-code option to set a default value for the service.

Can you help me solving the problem ?

Thankyou

Antonio

  • Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

    Hey Antonio,

    Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

    Would you mind granting support access to your site, I would like to have a closer look at your setup and see what would be the best way to go about this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

    Please respond in this thread once access is granted.

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Hi Predrag,

    sure, I just granted support access.
    Looking forward to hear from you.

    It really seems that the service selected in the drop-down box when opening the page is not passed to the appointment chalendar.

    Kind regards

    Antonio

  • Dimitris
    • Support Star

    Hey there Antonio,

    I hope you're having a beautiful day and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

    I inspected your website and couldn't locate any misconfigurations or anything, so I started to replicate this in my local machine.
    At first, I wasn't able to replicate it, so I was back to your site checking stuff, when I noticed and tested the following:

    I had created 3 services like
    - Default Service (30')
    - Default Service 2 (30')
    - Default Service 3 (105')
    and I had the 30' ones assigned to a worker which I was displaying with the shortcodes you actually use. After selecting a datetime, the assigned service name was Default Service (the first in list) and time spans was correct (30').

    So, I went ahead and reorder my services like
    - Default Service (105')
    - Default Service 2 (30')
    - Default Service 3 (30')
    and I assigned the 30' ones again to my worker. Kaboom! I'm in your shoes now! :disappointed_relieved:
    The time spans became 105' and if I try to book one, it goes to Default Service (105').

    I'll let our dev guys know this glitch and I'll let you know as soon as there's some progress on this. :slight_smile:

    For now, I can think of two different solutions for you.
    Either reorder your services the way I just mentioned, just make sure that this doesn't interfere with other Appointment pages,
    or simply redirect /booking-collector/ to /booking-collector/?app_service_id=11 which will fetch the right datetimes no matter what.

    Wind regards,
    Dimitris

  • Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Hello Dimitris,

    thanks a lot for your valuable support.
    Now that I know it's a glitch in the program I will wait for the developers to fix it in the next version of A+.
    In the meantime I will use a redirect and mark my problem as resolved.
    Kind regards

    Antonio

  • Dimitris
    • Support Star

    Greetings Antonio,

    hope you're having a beautiful day! :slight_smile:

    I had some feedback from my colleague Panos from Second Level Support.
    I have attached two files:
    wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/shortcodes/class-app-shortcode-services.php
    and
    wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/shortcodes/class-app-shortcode-service-providers.php
    to replace. Simply download the .zip files, uncompress them and replace the aforementioned ones.

    Adidtionally you need to set the new "worker_based" attribute in both shortcodes as follows:
    [app_services worker_based="yes"]
    and
    [app_service_providers worker_based="yes"]
    This assures that when you select a service provider, only his services will be available and the providers list will still contain all providers, not only the ones that have the selected service.

    Feel free to take a full backup of your site first, try the workaround and post back here your results! :slight_smile:

    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

  • Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

    Hello Dimitris,

    thanks a lot again for your support and thanks to your colleague Panos.

    I will try this workaround on a staging copy of my website and let you know hot it goes.

    In the meantime I would like to know if your colleagues are going to include this code in next version of A+, as I'm always a bit afraid to change core plugin files which could be replaced while upgrading the plugin itself.

    Kind regards

    Antonio

  • Dimitris
    • Support Star

    Hey there Antonio,

    Panos had informed me that he will create a pull-request in our git repo for this fix.
    Feel free to test this under a testing environment, and to be sure for any future releases, you can always check the changelog before updating. :wink:

    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.