Service provider notification of pending appointments

I just want to clarify: is the service provider going to get an email when someone books a no-cost appointment?

I’m confused because in another post it said they would only get an email when the appointment was confirmed. Wouldn’t they need to be notified before they could confirm the appointment?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

There is a new setting now: “Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required”. This is applicable to no-cost appointments.

If you select this as Yes, admin gets an email that he should confirm the appointment.

If admin does confirm this appointment, client and service provider receive a confirmation email as before.

So now, you can set the notification in such a case.

Cheers,

Hakan

• rkcarpio
    • New Recruit

I have the alert set to yes… and have a $0 appt as an option on my site but I am still not getting a notification of a pending appt request…?

LIkewise, is it possible to be have “paid for” appts be sent to a pending file instead of auto-confirming them with the same confirmation alert and process?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

To get a notification:

1) “Payment required” should be set as No

2) “Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required” should be set as Yes

To force getting a notification email even if you require payment you can add these codes inside functions.php of your current theme:

function send_notification( $app_id ) {
    global $appointments;
    if ( $appointments )
    $appointments->send_notification($app_id );
    }
    do_action( 'app_new_appointment', 'send_notification' );

Further checks to send notification are possible (price, status, etc).

LIkewise, is it possible to be have “paid for” appts be sent to a pending file instead of auto-confirming them with the same confirmation alert and process?

Paid appointments are always saved in pending status at first, regardless of Auto Confirm setting. They are only confirmed after the transaction completed.

What do you mean “sent to a pending file”?

Cheers,

Hakan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.