SERVICE UNAVAILABLE 503

Trying to run a Managed Backup, but getting the following error:

SERVICE UNAVAILABLE
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Ran conflict test still the same issue. Check the chat notes for more info.

• Nithin

Hello JulienGuiard,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I gave a closer look at your server, and re-run a new Manual backup, and could notice 503 error in the header response for admin-ajax.php.

As mentioned in the chat, the 503 error looks more related to the server side. I double checked by running a new backup to see whether debug.log file gets generated, unfortunately there isn't any logs getting created within WordPress.

On troubleshooting further, I have temporarily dequeued Heart Beat API by adding the following code below as a mu-plugins, to see whether it makes any improvement:

<?php
    add_action( 'init', 'stop_heartbeat', 1 );
    function stop_heartbeat() {
    wp_deregister_script('heartbeat');
    }

Once added, re-ran a new Managed Backup, and this time, the Managed Backup ran upto 50%, but then gave the following error:

Only way to fix the Gateway Time Out error, is also it increase the server resource. Would recommend you to get in touch with your hosting provider, and ask the following:

1) Increase your servers memory_limit, and max_execution_time, at least increase the values to the following ones:

upload_max_filesize = 128M
    post_max_size = 256M
    memory_limit = 512M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 300

2) If the issue still exist even after increasing to the above values, please check with your hosting provider, and ask for Server Logs, and share that in your next reply, so that we could have a better idea regarding what else could be causing the issue.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how that goes, have a great weekend ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.