SERVICE UNAVAILABLE SNAPSHOTS

Good morning, I am attaching the error screen. I tried it first with Google drive and then locally at least 50% I get this error. (I also use cloudflare). I have a cloud hosting. The site is quite large (about 4 GB). Thank you so much for the support.

"SERVICE UNAVAILABLE
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Rodolfo de Carvalho

This usually happens when your execution time is low and the server ends the connection with client browser.

Would you please contact your host to increase the memory limit and execution time to the following:
    memory_limit 512M
    max_execution_time 300

And make sure they restart the server after making the changes.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Rodolfo de Carvalho
    • Flash Drive

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

NB: The error occurs when we are on "Files :: media / 2016/10". Here it stops at 3%

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Rodolfo de Carvalho,

Seems like support access to your site is disabled at the moment. Could you please grant support staff access so we can take a closer look, and run a test backup, and see how the site behaves.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Rodolfo de Carvalho,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, please do keep a note to reply back to tickets when support access is enabled, so we would get notification regarding that.

I ran a new Local Snapshot, and I could notice the issue even before the backup process reached the /media folder, as mentioned before.

The resources do seem good at the moment, we'll need to troubleshoot this further by enabling debug to see what's causing this.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After making the above changes, please try to run a new snapshot backup. When it fails, the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

If you aren't sure how to make the above changes, you can send us your sites Login credentials, so that we could troubleshoot it further.

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Rodolfo de Carvalho,

Thanks for sharing the debug.log, unfortunately it doesn't have much information about what could have exactly caused the error.

We'll need to troubleshoot it further, could you please share the sites login credentials as mentioned in my previous reply, so that we could give a closer look:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/service-unavailable-snapshots#post-1368436

Please do follow up in the ticket once the credentials are sent, so that we would get notified. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Rodolfo de Carvalho,

Glad to hear you were able to find the root cause of the issue, and make it work. As stated by your provider, since it's was related to mod_security blocking the creation of new backups due to the number of archives, or size of it. I suppose, disabling mod_security module should fix the issue as stated.

If you still notice issues, or anomalies with creating snapshots, then you can send credentials as mentioned in here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/service-unavailable-snapshots#post-1368436

If you are confirm the snapshots are working fine, then you don't have to send the credentials as it was a server specific issue. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Rodolfo de Carvalho
    • Flash Drive

Sorry if I answer you only now. The following probema. The plugin works on hosting. Hoprovato on two different domains: one small and one large. Everything works fine on the little one. While on the big one where I have several gb of images, it crashes and the processor reaches the maximum of its use.

You still want to have access to understand if the problem is due to the many image files .. because I see no other reasons.

For access I would prefer not to do the tests on the site in production. maybe I can only give you the file folder to insert in your wordpress for testing.

Thank you

Rodolfo

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Rodolfo de Carvalho,

For access I would prefer not to do the tests on the site in production. maybe I can only give you the file folder to insert in your wordpress for testing.

I'm afraid, that doesn't help much. The issue is more of a site specific issue, related to several GB of images. So adding the folder in our site, and testing doesn't help much.

This normally happens due to low server resources, as the plugin isn't able to process big number of files. Especially the memory_limit, and max_execution_time, please check this article on how to increase those values:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

You could try increasing your sites Server resources, and see whether that helps. If you still notice issue, then as a workaround you can try skipping the uploads folder when taking a new snapshot, and manually archive the Media folder(/uploads), so that you could make use of if needed.

I do understand that this isn't a real solution, and it'll require a manual workflow, this is suggested in case you aren't able to increase the server resources.

If you still want use to troubleshoot this further, please check with your hosting provider, and see whether they could setup a staging(clone) site, so that we could run more test in a staging site in a staging site, and see how that goes.

Looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.