Services Options error messages (mkdir and chmod related)

Hi,

I receive the below error messages on the Services Options page of the Blog MU theme. I have tried completely deleting and re-installing the Blog MU theme, installing just the zip with the relevant files, as well as uploading folder directly to "themes" folder. I checked permissions, and the folders are set at 755 (per my server requirements), and files are set to 644. I also tried creating the "themes" (the line numbers in the error messages point to there being some issue with creating or chmodding these 2 folders) and "plugins" folders in a couple different directories and manually chmodding them to 777 and 755. None of this gets rid of the error, however.

The error messages prevent custom images to be uploaded.

Please let me know if there's a patch, or which directories I should create the "themes" and "plugins" folders and if they can be chmod 755. Thank you for your help, please see the error messages below:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/MYUSER/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 335

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/MYUSER/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 336

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory in /home/MYUSER/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 341

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/MYUSER/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/_inc/functions/services-functions.php on line 342