Services providers have not got separate calendars.

Hi,

We have been using appointment + on this site for awhile now for our clients website to allow people to book appointments for their games that the client supply. Previously they have only had one game so we have only needed one service provider, but now they are introducing a new game therefore a new service provider.

We presumed that a service provider would have a separate calendar to each other and therefore would allow customers to book a game in a set time slot when the other is taken. Although we have found this is not the case. When a game is booked in a time slot this is applied to both service providers.

Any help to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam Ward

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Sam,

Appointments does allow for service providers to set and manage their own individual calendars. I will be happy to investigate, can you update to the latest version of the plugin and try again ? My records indicate you are on a considerably older version

Cheers

Jude

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @hello228,

Right now, I’m seeing that the appointment calendar’s got the worker parameter inserted, seems like this was originally designed for one provider anyhow?

The thing is, since the value inserted for it wasn’t wrapped in parentheses, as can be seen here:

[app_schedule worker=5 long="1" title="Click on a free time slot to book your escape attempt
    Available times from START to END" logged=" " notlogged="You need to login to make an appointment. Please click here to register/login: LOGIN_PAGE"]

That would ordinarily assign the appointment booked to “Our Staff”, it’s not in your case, though. But that being beside the point, you’re going to want to have one product be set up for the containment series of games, setting the services available & the schedule to that specific provider, like so:

[app_services worker="5" select="Please choose the size of your team below and then click, show available times"]

[app_schedule worker="5" long="1" title="Click on a free time slot to book your escape attempt
    Available times from START to END" logged=" " notlogged="You need to login to make an appointment. Please click here to register/login: LOGIN_PAGE"]

And then do the same thing for the bomb disposal challenge, swapping out the worker value for the appropriate worker ID.

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Phil
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for your help. Do I understand you correctly thinking that we need two products for this to work?

Product 1: The existing game

Product 2: The new bomb disposal game.

If so this is fine, although is it possible to get both games to work on one appointment calendar. Just to clarify, we do not want a second calendar system.

Thanks for your help,

Sam

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @hello228,

Do I understand you correctly thinking that we need two products for this to work?

Yes, two separate products (so two separate pages) would be required for this plan of mine to work. I’ve taken the liberty of creating 2 private products, Booking 1 and Booking 2, so that the way this would look can be seen.

On having a fresh look at things, though, I think we’ll need to back up a moment:

If so this is fine, although is it possible to get both games to work on one appointment calendar.

Out of the box, the provider assigned to the service should actually be the one chosen, I’m curious as to whether the booking-custom.php script you’ve got inside of:

/wp-content/mu-plugins

Might be interfering with things here, in that it’s forcing a provider to be selected. I’d want to try disabling that temporarily, and trying to check out via the Booking 3 test product I’ve created, and see if a different provider shows up in the “Please choose a service provider:” section there.

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Phil

Hi Michael,

Ok thank you for your continued help here.

Please go ahead with the temporary disabling to get things working for us as they should. However … PLEASE … only do this around 4/5pm your time (USA yeah?) – which means it’ll be around midnight here in the UK, so that the website is not affected too much.

Is that ok?

Thanks.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @hello228,

In that case, I'll need you to send in the following:

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)

– Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password) – these will be particularly needed for the mu-plugin to be disabled

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Phil

Hi,

Just noticed that our hosting company has disabled the right for us to leave our FTP open over night. So can you please respond to our previous email and I will give you access to unlock the ftp, so that you can work on the ftp.

Thanks,

Sam

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @hello228,

After looking into this further, you wouldn’t actually need to create another product!

What got me here was the fact that both service providers were named in the same fashion (in that both providers had a name of “Containment Ltd”:wink:, so it looked like one provider was still being chosen for both services.

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @hello228,

The problem before is was due to the involvement of the “worker” parameter, with that removed, the time slots are showing up for the separate providers, as shown in the screenshots below:

– Containment

– Bomb Disposal

Can you confirm that it’s looking the same way on your end please, when you’re looking at your booking product?

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Phil

Thanks Michael. This is good news :slight_smile:

Although one question (See screenshot) the time slots are different, Is this something that needs setting up per game? Or is it possible to automatically set it to all be the same?

Thanks,

Sam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.