Services visible only in back-end

Hi,
is it possible to have some services only visible in back-end to insert it manually?

Thanks

• Vaughan

Hi @lasagnuz,

This isn't currently possible. I might be possible with some custom JQuery but i'm not proficient at all with javascript.

This might help you.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9234830/how-to-hide-a-option-in-a-select-menu-with-css

Failing that, let me just ask one of our developers to see if he can come up with a simple JQuery script you could use to hide specific options from the select dropdown.

Hope this helps

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @lasagnuz,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the clarification.

While there isn't currently a way to hide a service, one way around would be to use the service attribute for the shortcode so only those services show front-end, so you could use say

[app_monthly_schedule service="10"]

Where 10 is the service ID, you could then have multiple calendars, each for a specific service if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @lasagnuz,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

There isn't currently a shortcode available for that, but it would make a nice addition.

The only other shortcode that may work here is

[app_services worker="12"]

Where that will only show the services for worker 12, so you could say have one worker that has the appointments that aren't visible, then you add the worker shortcode above to display the services for the other worker.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lasagnuz

Hi there, I have two problems with appointments+

1. I set shortcodes in this way:
    - People first choose a service (refresh page)
    - Then choose a service provider (refresh page)
    - At the end they choose a day from monthly schedule and a hour (It would be the chosen service provider hour table, but it seems not work only for one provider but for all)

This is the code I used:

[app_services select="Seleziona un servizio:" autorefresh="1" worker="6"]
    [app_service_providers select="Scegli l'hair stylist:" empty_option="Seleziona un nome" autorefresh="1" require_service="1"]
    [app_monthly_schedule title="" logged="" service="0" worker="0" require_provider="1"]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]`

and this is the page: http://avantgardeiparrucchieri.it/appuntamenti/

N.B. in app_services I set worker="6" because I want some services visible in front-end and other services visible only in back-end (did you remember you suggested this modify?)

2. If I choose a service of 90 min. (i.e. Colore donna + piega) in hour table I only see 9.00 - 10.30 -12.00 - 13.30 - 15.00 - 16.30 - 18.00 - 19.30 - 21.00
    even though I had set the time base to 30 and the work hour are 9.00 to 19.30. So I can't make that appointment at 10 but only in that hours.

Can you help me please? Thanks so much.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @lasagnuz,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

- At the end they choose a day from monthly schedule and a hour (It would be the chosen service provider hour table, but it seems not work only for one provider but for all)

Could you please tell me what working hours you have set for the particular service provider( Share screenshot of it if you can ) or Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

2. If I choose a service of 90 min. (i.e. Colore donna + piega) in hour table I only see 9.00 - 10.30 -12.00 - 13.30 - 15.00 - 16.30 - 18.00 - 19.30 - 21.00
    even though I had set the time base to 30 and the work hour are 9.00 to 19.30. So I can't make that appointment at 10 but only in that hours.

Activate the Durations Appointments+ add-on from the following path

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons Tab

And set the "Time slot calculus method" to "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)" on the following path so that you can book an appointment at 10

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General Tab -> Time Settings

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• lasagnuz

Hi Vaughan, you can see the 10am appointment because I've done the modify that Vinod Dalvi suggested me on point 2.

Now we have to solve the 1st problem:

`1. I set shortcodes in this way:
    - People first choose a service (refresh page)
    - Then choose a service provider (refresh page)

This is the code I used:

[app_services select="Seleziona un servizio:" autorefresh="1" worker="6"]
    [app_service_providers select="Scegli l'hair stylist:" empty_option="Seleziona un nome" autorefresh="1" require_service="1"]
    [app_monthly_schedule title="" logged="" service="0" worker="0" require_provider="1"]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]`

and this is the page: http://avantgardeiparrucchieri.it/appuntamenti/

N.B. in app_services I set worker="6" because I want some services visible in front-end and other services visible only in back-end (did you remember you suggested this modify?)

So if you try to add a service at 10 to i.e. Monica, and then you add the same service to Linda at 10, you can't make the appointment because in the time table you'll see it's reserved yet.

I hope you understand despite my bad English!!!

Thanks K.

• Vaughan

Hi @lasagnuz,

I can't see those services in the drop down.

I see the following on that page.

<option selected="selected" value="1">Shampoo + Taglio Uomo</option>
    <option value="2">Piega Donna</option>
    <option value="3">Taglio Donna + Piega</option>
    <option value="4">Ritocco Colore Donna + Piega</option>
    <option value="6">Colore Donna + Piega</option>
    <option value="7">Colpi di sole + Piega</option>
    <option value="8">Acconciatura raccolta</option>
    <option value="9">Shatush + Trattamento + Piega</option>
    <option value="10">Permanente + Piega</option>
    <option value="11">Tiraggio + Trattamento + Piega</option>
    <option value="12">Colore + Taglio + Piega</option>
    <option value="13">Colore</option>
    <option value="14">Ritocco Colore</option>
    <option value="15">Colpi di sole</option>
    <option value="16">Shatush</option>
    <option value="17">Permanente</option>
    <option value="18">Tiraggio</option>

If you view the list in firebug.

You can hide the options you want using the following CSS

.app_select_services option[value="2"],
    .app_select_services option[value="3"] {
        display: none;
    }

The above would remove options 2 & 3 from the above list. So change the numbers accordingly.

This will not work in IE6, but should be ok in later IE versions.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.