Services won't show

I’ve filled out 3 services boxes in the Services Options for the Blogs MU theme. In Theme Options I have the services block enabled and set to service-mode. Any idea why they wouldn’t show up anywhere on my homepage?

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Mattymar,

That is strange indeed. You seem to have everything right.

We actually use the theme on a test site and works fine. We use the child theme and not the parent.

Could you please just log-out and then log back in? Could you also please provide a link so we could have a look?

Do let us know how you do.

marikamitsos

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Went over to your site and got a bit confused. :slight_frown:

Judging from your screenshots, aren’t the red arrows the “services”?

Could you “clean” the page from the blue arrows so you can debug it better?

Could you also please deactivate your plugins one by one? There could be a conflict with one of them someplace.

• Mattymar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Well, here’s an update. I’m stumped. I disabled ALL plugins and the services still don’t show. I got rid of the sidebar and the slideshow. Nothing. I even uninstalled and reinstalled blogs-mu. Nothing. I tried using the blogs-mu parent theme after re-installing. Nothing. I tried all sorts of combinations in the options and I just can’t get this to work. It doesn’t make any sense.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what else might be causing a problem?

• Mattymar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Well how about this! I decided to spend the day studying php (of which I previously had nightmares about learning since I’m not one of those developer types haha) and I discovered that my blogs-mu/index-home.php file is extremely funky. So instead of trying to fix the whole thing (something I’m not nearly ready to do), I instead put this bit of code into my child theme’s header.php file:

<?php if( is_front_page() ) {
    locate_template( array('lib/templates/wp-template/service-mode.php'), true);
    } ?>

It may not be the best way to do it, but it gave me pretty much exactly what I’m looking for and finally solved this nightmare of a head-scratcher!

Thank you Timothy and marikamitsos for your efforts.

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

It may not be the best way to do it, but it gave me pretty much exactly what I’m looking for and finally solved this nightmare of a head-scratcher!

That is one way of doing it. Strange though our suggestions didn’t work. :slight_frown:

Still. Glad you worked it out Mattymar :slight_smile:

marikamitsos

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Matty.

Really odd our suggestions didn’t work. Where you using a define page form the reading settings?

The code you used which I’m sure you know simply checks for if the site is the home page and then include the services template.

Great to see you got this sorted for your needs, thanks for letting us know.

Take care.

• RDSN
    • New Recruit

I am having an issue with the Services Panel on my Blog MU theme as well… The fifth service #5 is blank with no image yet the Button is stuck on Delete image, I have logging in and logging out with several different browsers and it still stays in place…

I have deleted all my services and reset to default #5 still keeps the delete button showing. Is this a known bug or am I going crazy….

See screen below

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mattymar and RDSN,

Any chance that the last version of this theme 1.3.5 dated 04-26-2012 resolved this issue for you folks?

I have indeed been able to use #5 on my production servers without any issue:

http://wpmu-hosting.org/

I had not tried to perform #5 prior to this update just out of chance and when I seen this ticket I made something up to give it a shot and see if I could replicate the issue.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Mattymar and RDSN,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.