Session Cache Limiter and Session Cookie Warnings

(For those who have been following the cascade of error messages, the memory problem seems to be solved at this point. This error appears to be unrelated.)

I have two major errors that are showing above the nav bar on my HOME page only. These errors do NOT occur on ANY other theme I have tested (I've tested almost 40). And it does not occur when ProSites is deactivated. However, I had both Thesis and ProSites working together without the error for about two weeks. (The warning began to show up soon after I installed the new "Events" plugin, but didn't go away when I deactivated it.)

The only plugins running at this time are:
Thesis Openhook (at the site level)
ProSites (at the network level)

This error shows in ALL browsers:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/popcred/public_html/wp-content/themes/thesis_182/lib/html/frameworks.php:6) in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites.php on line 639

This error shows only on my iPad and iPhone:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - already sent (output started at /home/sitename/public_html/wp-content/themes/thesis_182/lib/html/frameworks.php:6) in /home/sitename/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites.php on line 639

Thanks for any help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ProSapien,

Thank you for being a member!

It can be pretty challenging to support other peoples work, but we do our best here to help you with any WordPress issues at all, so let's see what we can do!

It appears that you are referring to thesis template and a header error?

What I will do is ask our lead developer if they can see any specific issues that could be causing this and possibly offer us some advice as to a permanent cure.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Usually the "headers already sent" means there is a rogue space somewhere.

What is on line six of the file:

/themes/thesis_182/lib/html/frameworks.php

Can you see in the beginning any spaces, so:

SPACE<?php

Are you on the latest version of the theme and Pro Sites? If not could you please upgrade?

Let me know.

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

aecnu, one of the staffers there thinks it's a ProSites problem based on the error. :disappointed:

Timothy, here are the first ten lines of that file:

<?php

function thesis_html_framework() {
    	global $thesis_design;

echo apply_filters('thesis_doctype', '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">') . "\n";
    ?>
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php language_attributes(); ?>>
    <?php

No spaces before the <?php that I can see.

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

Oh, I'm not on the latest version of Thesis. I'm on 1.8.2 and the latest is 1.8.3. Actually, I just tried to upgrade a few minutes ago and it has a bunch of problems. I was told that 1.8.3 has a couple of multisite issues that should be resolved this week in 1.8.4, but I didn't hear of any 1.8.2 problems.

I'm running Pro Sites 3.1.

BTW, the second error just started showing up on the home page on my computer browsers as well.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/popcred/public_html/wp-content/themes/thesis_182/lib/html/frameworks.php:6) in /home/popcred/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites.php on line 639

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.