Session Error Showing Up In Debug Mode

The admin bar disappeared on the front end of this site so I enabled debug mode. I get two warnings. One about a deprecated MYSQL call, and this.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1518) in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 60

Not sure if this is related to the admin bar vanishing, but guessing it is. I'm also seeing this on another site that is having issues.

Any guidance would be awesome as I'm not sure how to resolve this.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi NetPotion

Hope you had a wonderful day.

The admin bar disappeared on the front end of this site so I enabled debug mode. I get two warnings. One about a deprecated MYSQL call, and this.

From the Warning line you provided, it seems like there is a conflict with Ultimate Facebook plugin on your site. I just installed the latest version of Ultimate Facebook on my site, it's working perfectly and there is no warning in my debug log.

Not sure if this is related to the admin bar vanishing, but guessing it is.

I don't think it's related, however we can be confirmed if any plugin is causing this or not by doing a plugin conflict test. Can you do a plugin conflict test and check at which point, your admin bar is gone again, and which plugins is conflict with which. To know more about plugin conflict test, check this article here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• NetPotion
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Rupok,

Thanks for your reply.

I did still see it when no plugins were activated and was using TwentyThirteen.

Anyway, I kept digging and found that an .htaccess file sitting outside of the public_html was causing the admin bar to disappear. Why, I have no idea.

I tested the plugin after removing that and everything seems to be working fine - error, or not.

Will keep an eye on it, but I think this is resolved.

Thanks,

Corey

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.