set blog description and blog not working on signup to multisite blog

Really strange...i have deactivated the plugins.

Cannot allow new users to create a tagline or set their blog description

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi snfdesign,

Thanks for the screenshots, definitely helps to get it sorted quickly! And given those, it looks like you may be using BuddyPress, is that correct?

If so, I'm afraid this particular plugin doesn't work with BuddyPress, as BuddyPress takes over the standard registration process.

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi snfdesign,

That's very interesting! I didn't consider that after the initial registration you still have further options to create a site, at which point the plugin might work.

Basically, it's not guaranteed (or supported) to work with BuddyPress. But if that much is working well for you, that's a good thing!

That said, you're not at all required to use BuddyPress for Multisite. Multisite can work with or without BuddyPress. BuddyPress simply provides social networking features for your site and is totally Multisite compatible.

Cheers,
    David

• sandy
    • Flash Drive

aah thats interesting. The main reason I use Buddypress is that on the blogs page it uses the buddypress template. I have very basic css knowledge so cannot make my own but is their a template plugin that can set out a different layout for the registration (as above) and blogs page http://www.i***hu**b*business.co.uk.

If you delete asterix you get url page

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.