Set Display Name as First Name, Last Name

This is a requirement I've had previously, and never really found a proper solution. I keep thinking I must be missing something, and surely there must be a Woordpress setting to do this.... but not found one yet!!
I have also come across this post https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-force-display-public-name-field-in-profile-to-nickname regarding a similar issue. I'm not a coder so woudln't attempt this on my own.
I want to set the Display Name for a user to their first name + last name. I don't believe this cannot be done on the fly, as various application functions use the Display Name for instance in email communications. So ideally, when a profile is created, or updated, it the display name must be set to the First Name & Last name.
It is not a site where users are even aware that such a thing exists. In both instances where I do have this requirement, I am using the membership plugin too, and I do use the 'Profile Fields' option, but sadly, this does not feature in it!

• Johanna
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Kasia

I'm aware of this plugin, and I have tried it before, but decided against it. Looking into this again this morning, I came across a comment from someone that it was corrupting authors for posts, and that rang a bell as to why I decided against it previously. I'm somewhat hesitant to try it on a live site, as post / comment authorship accuracy is crucial

Johanna

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Johanna, hope you had a wonderful day.

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I just downloaded the plugin and opened the archive. I check full code line by line and didn't find anything that can break posting or anything else. To make sure, I installed this plugin on my test site and it's working perfectly. So it should work on your site too.

But don't take my words for granted, I'll suggest you to install it on any local/staging server first, be satisfied, then install on live site.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.