Set Password does not work with BuddyPress

Hello,
Today, I activated BuddyPress, then I noticed that the Set Password does not work properly.

During registration, users can enter the password, but after clicking the finish button, system will generate a random password. How to solve that?

In addition, I used "Captcha by BestWebSoft" which worked fine for registration/logon. But similar like the issue above, after BuddyPress activation, it just disappeared from the registration form. I think it is very like the same issue or at least related to the issue.

Regards
YZ

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Yudong,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am not sure why you are using the Set Password plugin when you are using BuddyPress registration form. Because BuddyPress have built in support to set custom password on the time of registration.

This plugin meant to be used on default WordPress login registration forms.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Yudong
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello,
    I just deactivated the Set Password plugin, and registered a user, the same thing happened again - I could enter my own password, but after click the finish button, I got this?

Congratulations! Your new blog is ready!
    Username: ****
    Password: MS9XNJefK3uW
    You're all set up and ready to go. View your site or go to the admin area.

It is strange and confusing that I am allowed to use my own password during registration but given a random password after that. How to solve this?

Thanks!
    YZ

• Yudong
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello,
    I am using REMOVE EMAIL VERIFICATION, which might cause this problem.
    When it is inactive, an email will be received and after clicking the confirmation link, I will then be able to use my password to logon.

But is there any plugin removing the verification email and not causing the random password issue?

BR
    YZ

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Yudong

I trust you are doing well today!

This is what the Remove Email verification does, it's automatically activates and log in users and blog signups, disabling the need for the user to respond to a verification e-mail.

With this plugin an activation link is skipped, so for security resons the plugins create a strong password for a user.

The "Set password" and "Remove email verification" are actually not BuddyPress compatible plugins.

To remove BuddyPress verification email you can try the following plugins:
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-auto-activate-auto-login/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-disable-activation-reloaded/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.